- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Job DescriptionWe are seeking an experienced Product Manager to drive global strategy and programs to achieve therapy adoption, market penetration, and sales goals for Abbott’s industry-leading chronic pain therapies portfolio.
As a member of the global downstream marketing team, this position will work closely with cross-functional, global partners and sales teams to support the development of the go-to-market and continuation marketing strategies. Ultimately, the incumbent in this position will be regarded as a technical expert related to neuromodulation therapies with broad knowledge of related fields.
- Develops strategic marketing plans to meet global revenue, profitability, and market penetration goals, ensuring collaboration and alignment with cross-functional partners
- Manages coordination with marketing communications to support development of resources, programs, and any other collateral material required to support sales and key marketing messages
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing customers, KOLs and industry leaders
- Continuously monitors market needs and customer acceptance through sales force contact, customer visits, attending key congresses and meetings, and conducting primary and secondary market research
- Develops strategic customer engagement and communication plan for identified global conferences
- Analyzes sales metrics to project financial forecast and evolve strategy to secure results
- Maintains understanding of neuromodulation technology in a competitive environment
- Manages to a quarterly and annual budget
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 5+ years progressively responsible marketing or sales experience
- Experience working with complex product portfolios in the medical device industry
- Experience with strategic product planning and commercial execution
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experienced agility to think across product, programs and customer segments to design and develop great and scalable marketing programs
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
JOB FAMILY:Product Management
LOCATION:United States Texas Austin : 6300 Bee Cave Rd Building 2, suite 100
TRAVEL:Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.