- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Meet American Express At The Grace Hopper Celebration
Are you looking to join an industry-leading technology and innovation organization? Whether you’re a student or an experienced professional, there are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Throughout the duration of the conference, members of our Technology community will showcase some of the innovative work going on at American Express and how you can become involved. We will be conducting interviews for a variety of roles across a range of disciplines.
Come and meet us at the 2019 Grace Hopper Celebration!
The American Express Global Remittance platform powers the movement of over one trillion (with a T) dollars around the world every year. We are looking for a passionate and experienced product leader for the Senior Product Manager of the Global Remittance Platform role. In this role you will drive the vision, strategy and innovation of the product ensuring that it meets the evolving needs of the enterprise, problem solving in a fast-moving environment and helping revolutionize the software delivery model for American Express.
The Global Remittance team is part of American Express’ Enterprise Platforms organization. Enterprise Platforms’ core purpose is to transform the platform solution-delivery model for American Express, dramatically improving our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency while simultaneously delivering world class software products to our customers.
The Enterprise Platforms team has three core charters of responsibility:
- Platforms: This team is the proving ground for transforming our software delivery model so that a single unified team is responsible for the product development, engineering, architecture and service management of enterprise platforms. Today, there are four large scale platforms within Enterprise Platforms: Global Remittance, Global Loyalty & Benefits, Global Salesforce, and Global Accounts Receivable.
- Platform Strategy: This team will ensure cohesive oversight of platforms across the Enterprise, including infrastructure uplift and the resolution of overlapping priorities as well as how AXP’s platforms adapt to emerging trends and customer demands.
- Product Management: This team will serve as a product talent management hub, help drive consistency of product management practices and build a talent pipeline, as well as foster a collaborative culture across the Enterprise.
Global Remittance is a crucial component of our macro-level business processes; Authorization, Merchants Payables, Billing and Payments. The Payments landscape across American Express is undergoing unprecedented change that includes rapid development of new product innovations, evolving technology standards and an ever-changing money movement landscape. The Senior Product Manager for Global Remittance will focus on strategic priorities around uplifting and unifying our global money movement capabilities while preparing for future trends, enhancing our customer experience and addressing internal gaps.
- Works with customers, key partners, and colleagues to define a product vision and strategy that is aligned with the high-level product roadmap
- Understands and applies new trends and market standard methodologies
- Communicates and build consensus across disciplines in crafting the product roadmap
- Work with leadership to define and articulate a long-term product strategy and roadmap with clearly defined business metrics and targets
- Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment
- Produce return on investment analyses and optimization recommendations
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs
- Enable cross-functional collaboration with relevant teams within the product scope
- Translates product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Leads and mentors associate product managers
- In conjunction with Director, supports the creation of a Product Backlog for a specific product
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog consistent with the Outcomes and Product Roadmap and performs story elaboration with the implementation team
- Partner with the design and technology teams to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions
- Works closely with analytics and uses internal data tools to understand measure success and impact to critical metrics
- Reviews and accepts completed user stories
- Reviews/demonstrates sprint-related or general functionality with external partners and customers, including the Director of Product Management and other colleagues
- Coordinates communications and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product backlog
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product vision and strategy
- Experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies
- Proven track record managing large, complex products with multiple partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Influence and Negotiation
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Organizational Change Management
- Technical Acumen
- Knowledge of Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Servant Leadership
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 3:53:47 PM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.