- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is seeking a passionate, strategic downstream marketer to join one of the company’s fastest-growing divisions. Heart Failure is a condition that affects over 5 million people in the United States alone, and Abbott’s coordinated effort to bring new medical device solutions to this population will revolutionize how this debilitating condition is treated in the US and abroad. The availability of implanted remote pressure monitoring technologies now allows doctors to efficiently tailor and adjust patients’ pharmaceutical regimens on an individual basis – which has the ability to improve patients’ quality of life and functional status, while also preventing costly hospitalizations that represent a significant drain on healthcare systems around the world.
For this very exciting US focused Product Manager marketing opportunity we are looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual who possesses strong marketing and leadership acumen. This person will drive tactics for market development and penetration for the CardioMEMS™ HF System, a first to market technology. This high visibility role requires someone who can effectively communicate across all areas of the company as they will interact on a regular basis with Training and Education, Global Marketing, Sales, Customers and Leadership. They will need to have a strong clinical and competitive acumen and take ownership to ensure the needs of the market are accurately reflected.
- MARKET & CUSTOMER INSIGHT: Develop and conduct market research and competitive analysis to possess in depth knowledge of markets, customers, and products and their drivers for growth. Gain knowledge of disease states. Create and implement market development strategies to target key customers.
- MARKETING STRATEGY: Support development and implementation of strategic & tactical plans to ensure profitability, scalability, global impact and customer value for the business. Ensure plans are consistent with division’s strategic plans/objectives. Establish strong relationships with functional counterparts and contribute to product specific strategic planning.
- MARKETING STRATEGY EXECUTION: Collaborate with global team to ensure product is incorporated into commercial activities and aligned across regions. Support product commercialization including web/digital content and collateral development, creating product positioning, marketing messaging, competitive positioning, launch/promotional campaigns, and sales and physician education programs. Work closely with cross-functional teams to execute on marketing deliverables. Integrate internal/external customer feedback for continuous improvements.
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders in field; Develop ongoing communication and relationships with key internal functional areas critical to success, including Regulatory, R&D, Sales, Regional Management, Operations, Economics and Reimbursement, Training and Global Marketing. Collaboratively work with Upstream Marketing to provide input for development of products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering or the Sciences. An advanced credential, such as an MBA in a relevant discipline/concentration, preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent, including product or market management experience.
- Seasoned judgment acquired through organizational experience and a demonstrated record of achievements in successfully building a business.
- A substantive knowledge of the medical device industry and health care delivery markets.
- A thorough understanding of product and market management, physician, and patient marketing.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve results.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to forecast impact of major market changes.
- Skills including developing, monitoring and living within budgets.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States Minnesota Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.