- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
The Homes Business focuses on helping guests experience the world in a more authentic and meaningful way by staying with gracious hosts who offer their own unique spaces and hospitality. Our guests connect with those hosts through the Airbnb marketplace, which is unlike any other in the world.
About Homes Host
The Homes Host team is at the core of powering this mission, responsible for making sure that there is always the right type of place available for our guests. The team does this by ensuring that more homeowners join and thrive on Airbnb, that we support them and create a vibrant and activated community, and that we build best-in-class new verticals of inventory like boats or RVs.
About the Role
The Homes Host team is seeking an experienced product manager to act as the frontline of our relationship with our growing, unique and diverse host community. You will be responsible for ensuring that hosts are set up for success through education and information, recognized for their commitment to hospitality, and are meaningfully rewarded. You will also be responsible for maintaining bi-directional communication and connection with our host community and acting as the host community champion internally.
This will be a highly cross functional role, and you will act as a close partner to design, research, engineering, data science, marketing, customer support, policy and field operations to build the innovative products we need to help our hosts thrive.
- Sets vision for a product team. Challenges the status quo and inspires people toward a unified destination.
- Understands user needs and gather product requirements
- Creates clear goals for the team and efficiently executes to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Leads large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on team’s mission (without necessarily managing team members). Communicates concisely and influences outcomes.
- Own execution for the full product lifecycle including research, design, development, and launch.
- Own end to end product quality, including bugs, customer issues, and technical debt.
- Strong systems thinking
- Proven ability to bring simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations
- Exceptional communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Current or previous experience being an Airbnb host, also a plus
- 5+ years of product management experience