- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
About the Org
The Infrastructure Team's mission is to build leverage for every Airbnb employee through technology - enabling all teams to quickly build high-quality, secure, scalable and compliant products and services. As part of the Airbnb Platform, we are a force-multiplier, scaling technologies for production, data, developer tools, design, information security and IT for every team and user within the company.
About the Team
The Information Security team under Infrastructure identifies and manages risks that threaten our data security and privacy. Our scope includes corporate infrastructure, production infrastructure, and the products we build at Airbnb. Our goal is to reduce the risk of a data breach and ensure Airbnb is in compliance with compliance laws including PCI, SOX, GDPR.
About the Role
As the Product Manager of the Information Security team, you will be leading the charter, vision and roadmaps of internal security tools that covers areas like identification and classification of data elements; identity and access management; encryption; and information security and privacy compliance management. Information security is a very broad field, and you will have the opportunity to deliver impact on cross-functional company-wide initiatives.
- Establish vision for a product team. Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Create clear goals for the team. Efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on the team’s mission. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Understand user needs; identify and define product requirements. You will give our customers and partners a fantastic experience by aligning expectations, drive alignment, defining priorities, and understanding their world.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Trust, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team.
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Strong organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in Information Security.
- Experience with AWS products.