- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Mountain View
At Google, we build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. These products are the lifeblood of who we are. As part of the Product Management team, you work closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. You connect the technical and with the business, working with teams across Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Finance. With your technical expertise, you identify a project’s setback and generate solutions for resolving them quickly. As a Product Manager, you help shape the future of Google products.
In this role, you will lead cross-product area multi-year roadmaps informed by data from user-experience research of human perception of interactive entertainment. You will establish innovation in A/V codecs, ASICs, streaming algorithms, standardization, and certification of conformant endpoints and the interface of game design and real-time rendering into these systems.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with human-factors research and quantitative methods for understanding human perception of content quality.
- Experience with the lifecycle of ASIC innovation.
- Experience with real-time rendering.
- Experience with video codecs.
- Establish A/V codec innovation roadmap.
- Innovate at the intersection of real-time rendering and interactive streaming systems.
- Lead hardware accelerator roadmaps.
- Understand endpoint standardization and conformance in support of high-fidelity interactive streaming.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate