- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Gatos
Los Gatos, California \r\n \r\n Engineering \r\n Content Engineering \r\n \r\n Product Manager, Studio Technology (User Onboarding) \r\n There’s no better time to become a part of Netflix. We continue to revolutionize the way content is created and delivered to millions of users all across the globe while always striving to maintain a world-class user-experience. As Netflix continues its shift toward producing original content, the company is also exploring ways to make content production more efficient. We want to empower the studio and production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, cutting-edge software technologies.
We are seeking an experienced product manager to lead a large scale initiative to streamline the onboarding experience for people who work on Netflix shows. Our goal is to introduce new technology solutions that reduce the manual effort required to start work on a Netflix production. We want to improve every aspect of the onboarding experience, including the administrative tasks required to start and stop work, the initial experience in the Netflix technology ecosystem, and the online workflow that manages the user journey. Solving this problem will require influencing other Netflix product teams and building an influential partnership with key stakeholders internally.
Working as a product manager at Netflix is the embodiment of our freedom and responsibility culture. You will own your product from conception to delivery and be expected to take bold risks rather than settling for incremental improvement. We embrace our high performance culture so we're looking for a history of outstanding accomplishment and a willingness to lead in the face of ambiguity. If you like to think big, move fast and build cutting edge solutions with outstanding colleagues, we'd like to talk with you.
- Apply your experience to provide strategic vision for a unified approach to user onboarding that satisfies unique operational needs while also establishing an outstanding user experience.
- Partner with Netflix production, HR, legal, security, and technology teams to dissect current onboarding workflows and ideate on translating those workflows utilizing technology.
- Manage the development and launch of new features and functionality through the entire product development lifecycle, from concept through implementation and release.
- Generate product requirements that integrate learnings from usability studies, research and market analysis to enhance user satisfaction
- Design and execute go-to-market plan with a strong focus on product testing and tactical adoption.
- Collaborate with parallel product teams to bridge onboarding workflows with upstream and downstream studio technologies and workflows. \r\n In this role you will: \r\n
- 7-10+ years of experience as a product manager working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools;
- A strong, product leader who is comfortable navigating ambiguity, working in uncharted waters and persists in unlocking complex business areas
- Technical fluency, including an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs between users, studio leaders, designers and engineering partners
- A master of organization and prioritization who has the ability to triage multiple initiatives with a strong ability to focus team efforts on tackling the right problems at the right time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an affinity for socializing product complexity with ease to a variety of audiences
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead when there remain some critics. \r\n Here is what we are looking for: \r\n
About the company
Netflix is an American provider of on-demand Internet streaming media available to viewers in all of Australia, New Zealand, South America, Japan, North America and parts of Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland and United Kingdom), and of flat rate DVD-by-mail in the United States, where mailed DVDs and Blu-ray are sent via Permit Reply Mail. The company was established in 1997 and is headquartered in Los Gatos, California. It started its subscription-based service in 1999. By 2009, Netflix was offering a collection of 100,000 titles on DVD and had surpassed 10 million subscribers.