- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Title: Product Owner - Prospecting & Onboarding (Implementations)#2868
Your future team:
At AIG Group Retirement, we strive to help our clients make some of the most important financial decisions of their lives and prepare for a dignified retirement. In support of that, we are making significant investments to reimagine how we should deliver great end-to-end experiences that make it easy for clients to get things done and realize their financial goals. We are seeking an experienced Product Owner to transform the experience employers and their plan consulting partners have when looking for a new retirement services provider. We want to ensure we’re proactive in our efforts to connect with potential clients and quickly demonstrate our ability to serve our target markets to grow our business.
- You will collaborate with designers, software engineers, and others across the business to invent features and experiences that will differentiate AIG Group Retirement and establish ourselves as the go-to retirement plan provider for the target markets we serve.
- You will help ensure our teams are proactive in identifying upcoming opportunities to serve new clients, including ways to market and demonstrate our capabilities and fit.
- You will understand and adapt our experiences to continue to efficiently and effectively engage small and mid-size plans, and materially improve our ability to compete for and win large plans with assets $100mm.
- You will be responsible for full end to end rollout to realize the full value of solutions, inclusive of coordinating marketing and training plans and measuring adoption and benefits.
- You will leverage market insights and data to ensure AIG Group Retirement is an industry leader and provider of choice.
- You will work cross-functionally within AIG Group Retirement to build a cohesive roadmap to realize ambitious goals and strategic priorities around this critical client experience.
- You will become the business owner, and as such, review the business against the defined performance measures both monthly and quarterly to assure alignment while identifying any needed changes affecting the channel, business or product strategy.
- You must demonstrate a strong understanding of technology to collaborate with our technology partners to build integrated, scalable, and extensible tools that will deliver on our promise.
Your contribution at AIG:
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
Primary purpose of this position:
- Maintain and manage multiple and/or changing priorities quickly with flexibility, initiative, innovation and a team focus to drive success
- Make sound data driven judgments drawing from both analytical data sources and qualitative data sources.
- Use problem-solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems and issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize customer impact.
- Develop solutions to new and complex issues.
- Attract and motivate great talent
- Articulate a compelling and inspiring vision that puts clients at the heart of how we serve
- Courageously challenge the status quo to establish a new standard while patiently pushing the organization on the path to achieving it.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field
- 10+ years of relevant professional project and program delivery experience, ideally including experience working in a similar or related function in the IT, Insurance, Finance industries
- Hands on experience with agile ways of working and an ability to operate in both traditional and agile delivery models
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.