- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The role requires NPI launch preparedness coordination, accuracy of supply plans for NPI/Sustaining products, cost/benefit analysis, and proactive inventory management. The role necessitates advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
The Product Planner will be recognized as the expert of his/ her product portfolio. He/she will drive best in class processes, reporting and communication on a global scale.
- Analyze supply-demand matching, based on MRP system, to determine root cause changes, shortages and surpluses, and identify and drive course corrections.
- Review all MRP inputs with functional owners to drive accountability and data accuracy (Yields, BOM, Capacity, etc.).
- Provide product intelligence and required actions in the generation of the inventory forecast.
- Articulate the difference between the demand plan (ship plan) and revenue plan (MOF). Drive discussion/ actions to close revenue commitment gaps by unit, and improve the overall health of the product(s).
- Recommend demand shaping opportunities to achieve business goals.
- Represent ISC and articulate supply and inventory plans at all meetings with key internal customers: PEO, Business Unit, and Production Control (PLPC). Examples: NPI Readiness/PM, Core Team, SCT, ISC Ops.
- Drive disposition of inactive / hold inventory and represent ISC in meetings with the Business Units, Finance teams and Inventory Management.
- Identify required demand mix for factory planner to execute to when managing the line and creating the Graded Die Forecast (GDF).
- Manage OPN Constraints to align release dates, based on IP date and or manufacturing requirements.
- Coordinate with data management (GPDM) for new BOM creation, based on new RIDV and post-processors.
- Meet with Central Planning to identify part connections / disconnections in the BOM.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Product planning and/ or demand planning experience in a semiconductor environment.
- ROI / Cost Analysis experience.
- Ability to influence across functions & regions (Finance, Business Units, Engineering).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & change tolerant.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Executive level presentation skills.
- Organizational, problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Advanced Manufacturing knowledge.
- Advanced Supply Chain analysis skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Inventory Management.
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
- Intermediate understanding of Finance.
- 4-year degree (not required)--preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or Math.
Job Function:Supply Chain
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.