- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Antonio
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Production Engineering Organization is seeking Liaison Engineers to support multiple commodities San Antonio. We are looking for proactive individuals who can make quick engineering decisions and who want go beyond their desk and into the factory for hands on engineering. This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, partnering closely with production personnel.
The candidate may be assigned to first, second, or third shift as well as weekend or daily overtime. Some travel required (up to 50% of the time the 1st year)
This position involves daily exposure to factory environment which includes stairs, trip hazards, high noise areas, chemical hazards (breathing and handling), and entering airplanes during their many stages of build.
- Assesses and resolves product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Applies engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer and designs interim and final engineering solutions.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Identifies documents, analyzes reported problems and communicates deviations that could impact design intent and safety; recommends and manages resolution.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Designs interim structural repairs and conducts static strength analysis. Develops non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards. Conducts simple static strength analysis.
- Supports Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in design reviews. Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
- Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's with 3 or more years' experience or PhD with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Material Review Board Certification experience or similar Liaison Engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in: Mechanical, Aerospace / Aeronautical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or Material Science Engineering
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, collaborative problem solving, building lasting relationships & proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Aerospace experience, fabrications, manufacturing, and/or additive manufacturing experience
- Production Engineering experience
- Relevant technological knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to lead others, work independently, and in a team environment
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+ related work experience, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers No relocation.
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
- safety and security
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.