- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Daly City
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo.
You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do.
And we want you on our team.
Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service.
Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Welcome to Vail Resorts.
Reach Your Peak.
The Guest Service Sales Lead at the True North/Ritz Carlton is a part of the Product Sales & Service Department.
This position is responsible for satisfying and exceeding guest expectations by delivering outstanding guest experiences through resort and product knowledge.
The Product Sales & Service Department is a high-volume department with a large amount of guest service interaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in leading staff daily along with training and coaching of staff.
- Must be able to effectively work independently with multiple departments.
- Deliver exceptional guest service to all internal and external guests
- Provide accurate resort, village, Ritz Carlton, and local information to the guest.
- Display accurate cash handling skills, perform daily sales and close procedures for multiple sales agents while following company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicate in a courteous and respectful manner to all internal and external guests.
- Understand and effectively communicate Season Pass, Ticket, Private Lessons, Adult Ski and Snowboard School, and Kids Ski and Snowboard School options to ensure guests are matched with the best product to suit their needs, and provide the best experience possible.
- Work cooperatively with the Kids Ski & Board School Management Team and all Product Sales and Service Management Teams.
- Assist with retail purchases, greeting and coordinating guests through rental process
- Assist in the delivery of information to Northstar departments for all products, group outings, events, and any and all relevant activities.
- Adhere to all departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the resolution of all guest complaints and opportunities; handle all guest concerns and suggestions with the highest level of attention and professionalism.
- Work collaboratively with Ritz Carlton Management and Concierge Team.
- Adhere to Vail and Ritz Carlton grooming standards including; clean shaven, polished look, proper uniform, and impeccable hygiene.
- Establish personal strengths and areas of focus through self-assessment and on-going training and feedback from the Northstar Management Team; participate in all departmental and resort training and development courses.
- Ability to work in all areas of Product Sales and Service and/or in any areas of the Northstar Resort as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills; must be able to use proper English and grammar in speech and writing at all times
- Prior Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and professionalism at all times
- Able to work independently and effectively manage a team of Sales Agents
- Strong attention to detail
- Must enjoy working with people
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous extensive guest service experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Windows, ie Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook
- Prior experience with Resort POS software preferred; preferably 2-3 winter seasons working with the following RPOS modules: Access Products, Advanced Sales, Pass/Media Sales, Private Lessons, Ski School Tools (for inventory pool management), Reports, etc.
- Prior cash handling experience
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike.
Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer.
Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 175481