- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
This job requires the candidate to lead diverse teams of IT professionals to plan, direct, and coordinate
the maintenance, design, installation, and connectivity of large mission critical infrastructure projects
across multiple disciplines to ensure the stable operation of the organization's Global IT application
- Function as an Product Owner/Manager for Infrastructure Currency projects by providing expert level vision and leadership.
- Works closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization by effectively communicating, resolving issues and maintaining relationships.
- Manage and track global infrastructure projects in Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Establish, track and prioritize project goals for global technical staff.
- Manages project financials and forecasting.
- Engage with engineering and project management teams to deliver excellent service to
- Leverage extensive technical knowledge within multiple areas (technical, business, applications,
etc.) in support of global infrastructure management activities.
- Contributes to the documentation of internal processes and procedures.
Essential Business Experience and Technology Skills:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with stakeholders
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Individuals who are self-motivated and take initiative
- 5 years of direct experience identifying and managing infrastructure currency and technical debt
IT infrastructure projects
- Experience working in agile frameworks like Scrum
- Experience in designing, maintaining and managing global enterprise systems
- Experience managing multi-tenant environments across a global footprint
- Two years global IT exposure
- Multi-site or global infrastructure re-platforming projects
- Experience working with offshore teams and vendors
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- SAFe® SSM, POPM, SP, PO/PM, RTE Certification(s)
- PMI PMP® Certification
- Finance/Insurance industry experience
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- Jira Experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.