- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The IT Production Management Senior Lead will be part of a team whose focus is on activities related to supporting the PAR estimation and approval process within AMS, working with our application development and infrastructure partners, to determine impact related to AMS maintenance, AMS resources, and capacity demand.
- Promote production environment stability by defining and implementing the AMS Impact Analysis management processes. Responsibilities include partnering across GTS and Finance to ensure AMS impacts are estimated and documented in all PARs impacting AMS services.
- Promote accurate project estimation by defining and implementing the AMS project intake processes for all stakeholder in AMS including TechQA and the Global Delivery Partner Management Team.
- Provide support for Project Intake for all requests impacting AMS.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8+ years of experience in implementing formal methodologies & leaning out IT processes / process improvement
- 8+ years of experience in IT infrastructure and/or IT finances
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale IT program management, including budget and project planning, financials, reporting, issue/risk management, and governance
- IT infrastructure financial knowledge – understand infrastructure chargeback model
- IT Infrastructure technical knowledge – understand distributed platform architecture
- Apptio, QlikView, and ServiceNow expertise
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in IT or business-related field preferred
- Advanced Degree (MS, MBA) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, relevant industry certifications/training
- Knowledge of mainframe platform
- Insurance or financial services industry experience
- Infrastructure chargeback models experience
- Application development or operations experience
Global Infrastructure Technology & Operations – Application Maintenance Services
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.