- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Role synopsis :
The Production Operator is a Multi-Skilled position. The Production Operator will have a primary and secondary skill, however it is expected that he/she will have a demonstrated level of proficiency in both.The Production Technician is focused on critical production issues using higher order skills including: troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, critical thinking, and diagnostic and reasoning ability. The Production Op. works closely with the Technical Resource (Optimizer) to provide a high level of technical expertise and or first level maintenance. The Production Tech may be dispatched by the Technical Resources, Area Authority, or Production Team Leader to solve control system failures/problems, and/or address prioritized needs or production issues based on his/her skill set.This position will report to the Production Team Leader in Wamsutter, Wyoming.
Key accountabilities :
- Responsible for daily production optimization, integrity and maintenance of well site and facility flow process equipment from wellhead to custody transfer point.
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of upkeep, maintenance and housekeeping, as well as production optimization on his/her run.
- Troubleshoot production performance, and well site and facility process equipment & components for optimum performance and operating efficiency.
- Utilize a workorder system to correct defects identified at a well site.-Ensure efficient use of Chemical injection system.
- Recognize, understanding and daily utilization of automation, choke model and Engineering as key tools and resources.
- Responsible for appropriate reporting, data collection, training certification and regulatory compliance, including PSIM and specific OC operating and maintenance standards and processes.
- Perform required duties as part Incident Management Plan, including securing well sites and specific process equipment.
- Communicate effectively with cross functional work teams, contractors, and representatives of regulatory agencies, landowners and the public.
- Actively participate in the performance management process, including monitoring and measuring results.
- Take an active role in continuing to develop one’s own skill sets.
- Take on a HSE leadership role in daily interactions with employees and contractors, applying BP's 'Back to Basics' Safety culture on a 24/7 basis.
Essential Education :
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements :
- Experience in oil and gas operations or related industry experience-Prefer 3+ years natural gas production operating experience.
- Working knowledge of Haynesville Shale and Cotton Valley tight gas reservoir well operating/pumping.-Working knowledge of horizontal gas well operation.
- Working knowledge of horizontal and tight gas well deliquification (e.g. – gas lift compression, pumping units, plunger, ESPs).
- Strong working knowledge of Well deliquification practices. (ie. Pumping units, Compressor operations, Plunger lifts and Soap injection).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Computer skills and data entry experience.
- Good technical problem solving skills.
- Strong team working skills, along with experience working with engineers and multidisciplinary teams.
- A working knowledge of pumps, dehydration systems, three phase separation systems, control systems, chemical and corrosion mitigation systems, tank gauging and regulatory agency compliance.
- The ability to effectively manage priorities while working with various types of people and groups.
- Knowledge / Experience with Well Plunger systems.- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to document data using MS Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic pump systems with the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Working knowledge of deliquification techniques on horizontal wells. The ability to and familiarity with navigating web-based interfaces in remote locations.
Type of role :
Experienced / Professional Hire
Eligibility Requirements :
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location) :
Mobile position, requires driving.
About the company
The world has an ever-increasing demand for energy, and BP discovers, develops and delivers oil and gas across the globe. We’re capturing existing sources while enhancing the potential of renewable and alternative energy. How? By making the most of our world-class assets and investing in new technologies. Above all, though, by recruiting, developing and rewarding talented people. People like you.
Specialties: Upstream – Oil & Gas Exploration & Production, Subsurface, Wells Subsea, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Civil, Drilling,, Completion & Intervention Engineers, Geoscientists, Professionals in Finance, Business Development, Procurement, Communications etc.