- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
WORKER MUST BE ABLE TO FLEX BETWEEN ASD AND CARLSBAD AS NEEDED
Production Planner Responsibilities:
- Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules.
- Coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, and engineering.
- Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity
- Interprets and modifies ERP system to generate proper demand for manufactured and purchased parts.
- Perform Capacity Requirements Planning, including the setup and maintenance of work centers and on-going analysis of outputs.
- Review actual sales performance against available inventory and establish Production and QC priorities.
- Develop creative solutions to reduce inventory levels, work order transactions, and improve planning efficiency.
- Ensure various work center activities result in minimum work order rescheduling, high utilization of work center capacities, and level loading.
- Provide Planning oversight in the transfer of new products.
- Ensure communication regarding the status of work orders, inventory levels, and projects.
- Coordinate planning activities with affected departments to ensure project milestones are achieved on-time.
- Supports, leads or participates in all OpEx activities
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Client Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
Production Planner Minimum Qualifications | Education/Experience:
- BS/BA with a minimum of 3 years experience as a planner/scheduler or 5+ years in manufacturing operations including 3+ as a planner/scheduler.
- Extensive knowledge of MRP2/ERP2 systems
Production Planner Preferred Qualifications:
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
- APICS certification is desirable.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Planning/Scheduling within a medical device company
- PC expertise (Microsoft Word & Excel)
- Experience with SAP and/or JD Edwards ERP systems
- Continually develops his/her own skillset.
- Avoids saying one thing and doing another. Is careful to honor commitments and keep promises.
- Acts ethically and takes accountability for achieving outcomes.
- Sets stretch goals and link them to strategic outcomes and business deliverables.
- Leverages enterprise-wide tools and technologies.
- Avoids getting stuck in a "one right way" approach – remains open-minded to new ideas.
- Actively develops a network to bring the best solutions to the team or customer.
- Role models Quality First by continuously improving on what matters most to customers.
- Promptly and effectively handles issues and problems
About the company