- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
NOTE: Local candidates only. No relocation available. Shift hours 12:30 pm – 9:00 pm or 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm. Rotating weekend support is also required.
Production Planner/ Scheduler, working under limited supervision, is responsible for developing and managing the execution of the commercial and clinical supply plan based on agreed upon lead times.
• Execute the Commercial and Clinical Production Plan by performing planning and scheduling activities.
• Ensure transparency and priorities of orders to adhere to established throughput targets.
• Effectively communicate between all stakeholders (commercial hub, Quality Assurance and domestic and global manufacturing sites)
• Advise clinical and commercial sites to ensure seamless system data entries to adhere to lead times domestically and globally
• Manage relationships with couriers to align schedules for incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Collaborate with Import/Export groups to allow for smooth international shipments
• Determine and maintain the production schedule.
• Working knowledge of SAP and ability to learn cell chain software systems; ability to learn/work with new technology and systems
• Proven ability to think strategically to anticipate and plan for critical needs to support planning and scheduling operational efficiencies as required.
Supply Chain Principles – strong familiarity with and understanding of Materials Management principles such as (but not limited to) Master Production Schedule, Material Resource Planning, Capacity Resource Planning, Demand Resource Planning, purchasing, distribution, import/export, logistics, etc.
Pharmaceutical Production – knowledge of pharmaceutical operations and industry practices. Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices. (cGMPs)
Leadership, Values and Behaviors
• Courteous/professional interaction with internal and external stakeholders
• Troubleshoots issues
• Communicates effectively and efficiently among peer groups. Promotes open communication among peers. Listens to others with empathy and tries to understand different views and opinions.
• Attention to detail and forward thinking ability.
• Perform a variety of duties to support team objectives.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor of Science in Logistics, Business, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research preferred.
• APICS certification strongly desired.
Languages: Fluent in speaking / writing in English
• Minimum 2-4 years planning experience in a pharmaceutical operations environment.
• Experience working in a GMP environment preferred.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical principles and supply chain practices and software systems, SAP preferred.
• Prior Novartis and Cell and Gene Therapy experience preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: The final level & title of the offered role will be determined by the hiring team, commensurate with the skills, experience & capabilities required to perform the role.
Division Novartis Technical Operations
Business Unit NTO BTDM
Site East Hanover, NJ
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Functional Area Technical Operations
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.