- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott RapidDiagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringingtogether exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies tosupport diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatmentand management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Production Specialist II/Machine Operator, Lateral Flow is withinour Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough,Maine. In this role you will perform thework required for the automated assembly of components, devices, and/or thefinal product depending on the trade assigned.
A Production Operator works with computeroperated machinery and is responsible forperforming various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, and troubleshootexceptions on the assigned machine.
This job descriptionwill be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
- Performswork required for the automatic assembly of components, devices and/or thefinal product
- Interactswith Maintenance Technicians to ensure that equipment is in optimal workingorder
- Performsroutine work in all production areas with limited supervision
- Ensuresquality of product through the use of standard operating procedures, templates,training and supervision, and good judgment
- Providesinput for enhancing efficiencies and modifying/creating SOPs to ensureaccuracy/quality or improve productivity
May be subject to callback or extended hours as required
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- Prior MachineOperation experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Highschool diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.
- 1+years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledgeand demonstrated understanding of GMP and how it applies to specificresponsibilities and manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or understanding of medical devicemanufacturing.
- Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet,database, and word processing software.
An equalopportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in ourworkforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation toqualified individuals with disabilities.
About the company