- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Under the general direction of the Asst. Plant Manager, the Production Superintendent plans, organizes and controls the manufacturing functions of the plant in order to assemble quality products efficiently, on time, and profitably. Maintains outside contact with other plants and divisions of the company and with other companies, customers and suppliers as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts plant inspections to ensure safe work practices by visual observations, memos, personal guidance and if necessary, corrective action to assure that procedures and practices are being followed to help prevent accidents and thereby minimize workers compensation costs and improve plant profitability; responsible for compliance to OSHA and the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Leads all assembly operations in the plant and coordinates the work of production departments through familiarity with all assembly processes; continual awareness of customer shipping requirements, work schedules and quality levels; staffing required to meet these schedules, ratio of indirect to direct labor, overall cost of doing business with a mind toward profit and loss, to produce parts on schedule; ensuring that quality is maintained and costs are held to a minimum.
- Analyzes and determines material, equipment and staffing requirements by studying daily operating results, through daily meeting with subordinates, as well as daily contact with various department heads; to determine how to overcome production problems and follow-up to ascertain that problems have been corrected or to determine the next best course of action; to bring about close cooperation between his/her and other departments.
- Responsible for identification, implementation and verification of continuous improvement opportunities
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance with Adient shop floor standards such as BOS, 5S, JCMS, Policy and Procedures, and Employee Relations Activities.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the product produced. Has the authority and responsibility to identify quality problems and take appropriate action including halting production, determining root cause, initiating corrective action in order to prevent reoccurrence, as well as participating in audits and other preventative measures.
- Motivates and directs the training of all production personnel through the ability to select competent individuals; trains and develops each individual by taking advantage of his/her strengths and improving weaknesses; by instilling in each individual a sense of responsibility toward the company and his/her subordinates; evaluates and communicates to each subordinate his/her progress in order to attain customer satisfaction with a high degree of morale and sense of accomplishment on the part of those producing the product.
- Ensures the Customers needs are met. Acts as a liaison with managers and staff and effectively communicates relevant information to those who need to know.
- Displays a demeanor and leadership style that is consistent with the Company’s values and management philosophy. Ensures safeguard of company property and equipment
- Jointly establishes individual objectives through analysis of, and familiarity with, each individual’s job functions. This includes formal job review and feedback, the identification of areas of success and areas requiring improvement, with the objective of ensuring the availability of qualified managerial staffing in order to meet the organization’s present and future needs and to ensure consistently high utilization of individual skills and abilities.
- Understanding and participating in HSE&E practices, which are applicable to their job function.
- Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies.
- Informing supervisor of known HSE&E conditions, which could adversely affect other team members, Assets or to the public.
- Ensures compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
- EMS Job Responsibilities: Will follow and promote environmental management system compliance and commitment to resource conservation.
- EHS Job Responsibilities: Documentation of injury reports. Complete statements as needed. Participation in the Accident Investigation team. Conduct safety audits weekly, monthly. Ensure safety standards are met. Have safety audits completed on a timely basis. Complete safety related work orders. Participate in safety communications weekly/monthly events such as plant wide meeting, pre-Shift meeting, department meetings, and training exercises.
- Performs other related task, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Asst. Plant Manager or Plant Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Required & Preferred:
High school education or equivalent with some college preferred.
Experience Required & Preferred:
3-5 years experience in a production environment with evidence of increased responsibility a plus.
About the company
Adient plc manufactures automotive seating for customers worldwide and is based in Plymouth, Michigan. As of 2017, Adient was the world's largest auto seat manufacturer, accounting for one-third of the markets global revenue and providing components for 25 million vehicles.