- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Production Supervision Manager
Aviation Supply Chain
- Provide total cell / group leadership in the attainment of goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production and compliance
- Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization
- Lead cell / group to achieving goals in asset utilization, process / manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality, delivery and cost reduction
- Ensure communication of key business / customer issues to employees
- Provide total cell / group leadership to continuously improve manufacturing, test, assembly and process for all assigned products / processes
- Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product / process producibility and delivered quality requirements
- Provide leadership to achieve asset utilization, cost attainment, quality, delivery, budget, and manpower goals
- Select, hire, train, develop, and provide ongoing leadership and direction of assigned personnel
- Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
- Ongoing communication of key business / customer issues
- Provide on- going support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
- Participate in Cell / Team activities to meet identified goals
- Provide technical, quality and production leadership to assigned Cells / Teams
- Achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
- Support cell leader in the strategic planning of manpower, equipment and other resources
- Advocate Six Sigma rigors to all functions within the cell(s)
The Production Supervision Manager reports to the Materials Planning & Execution Manager and will lead, communicate to, and motivate a materials team. The production supervision manager will also act as a 1st shift supervisor ensuring all material is received and kitted in support of development engine assembly roll dates. They will also ensure the development store warehouse is a well rounded, world class, material fulfillment and kitting operation across all shifts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that was recently ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top cities in the country for employment. The area offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.