- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- La Mirada
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out! Eligible for a $5,000 Sign on Bonus
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Converting Production Supervisor at La Mirada, CA Corrugated Packaging facility. The Converting Supervisor will utilize leadership, influence, operations experience and communication abilities to identify and convert change improvement opportunities related to people, process, and systems. The ideal candidate will have great communication and leadership skills, strong mindset for process improvement and must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Supervisors at Georgia-Pacific have the opportunity to influence the long-term success of the plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management.
This is a role with potential for advancement both within the plant and across the company. The La Mirada plant is close to Los Angeles and has access to multiple airports, the mountains and the beach, as well as many forms of entertainment. Come join our team!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Coaching, mentoring, developing and training employees in:
- Safety - Ensure all employees always follow best practices to work safely and never compromise safety for the sake of productivity.
- Compliance – Help employees understand compliance aspects of their role and how to ensure they always act with integrity.
- Quality – Ensure the team understands our quality standards and meet them on a continuous basis.
- Business results – Keep the team focused on our goals and give them the tools they need to meet them.
- Problem solving – Teach people to think about how to improve instead of simply maintaining the status quo.
- Planning and Directing work for 10-15 hourly production employees including:
- Evaluating performance in formal performance reviews and informal coaching conversations.
- Resolving employee issues effectively and quickly.
- Recognize employee contribution in an appropriate manner.
- Proactively communicating business objectives and results daily.
- Executing cross-training plans to develop a highly skilled team.
- Ownership in projects that require root Cause Analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, developing improvement plans, leading improvement teams, tracking and reporting, developing and implementing best practices.
- Having the courage to address key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
- Applying our Market Based Management® business philosophy in practical ways that help the business succeed.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Availability to work any shift, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging/containerboard industry in a converting operation
- Experience working with Kiwiplan software suite
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf Follow us
About the company