- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a ProductionSupervisor for our Weekend Shift(Friday to Monday) to join our team.This position is based at our VanWert, Ohio facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible forthe execution and operations plans for area(s) of responsibility. You willdrive continuous improvement to track, manage, deliver, and improve processesand results including but not limited to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.This is a leader of people role responsible for supporting assigned teammembers to drive employee engagement and positive employeerelations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes thepassion of every employee around the world. We create an environment wherecreativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’swhere bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—andwhere you can help us reach ours.
- You will effectively manage the daily activitiesof all department employees. This includes performance management,coaching, development, support, and follow-up to all assigned team members toensure effective leadership. You will proactively implement, promote andmaintain a safe working environment.
- You will partner with support groupsincluding EHS, Engineering, and Maintenance to ensure that adequate equipmentis available and operated safely so as to adequately and efficiently conductbusiness.
- You will implement and enforce allguidelines and practices employing effective leadership techniques and employeerelation’s activities to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all peopleworking at the facility.
- You will identify and implementcontinuous improvement philosophies to achieve steady improvement in allmetrics resulting improved delivery of the department high five scorecard andfacility results. Conduct process checks within areas of responsibilityand monitor performance Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost.
- You will develop and maintainexcellent working relationships with all stakeholder including customers,suppliers, contractors and key intra-company individuals to effectively managethe operation. You will ensure your team members are effectively trained andprovided the tools and resources to execute their job responsibilitiesadequately.
- You will fully engage workforce anddrive change by empowering business partners with decision making andinvolvement. Effectively administer the shift start up meetings in area(s) ofresponsibility.This includes training, communication, and engagement ofassigned team members and effectively delivering the requiredcontent.
- You will counsel and coach employeebehavior as necessary utilizing the employee guidebook, peers, and the HumanResources team to ensure firm, fair, and consistent application of EatonGuidelines, Ethics, Values, and Philosophies.
When we embrace the different ideas,perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individualsand as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employmentopportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions arebased upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, orany other status protected by law.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accreditedinstitution required.
- Minimum6 monthsofexperience in a supervisory role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in amanufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work inthe United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use ofinformation or access to hardware which is subject to the International Trafficin Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within themeaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. PermanentResident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in asupervisory role.
- Experience with lean, six sigma,and/or continuous improvement.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.