- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Port Charlotte
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Where good people build rewarding careers.Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Description This position is for a Production support engineer who will be responsible for supporting a top tier business application. Primary responsibilities for this position will involve ensuring application availability(24x7), participating in outage calls and working towards resolving outages, incident root cause analysis, problem and lifecycle management.
Responsibilities include (but is not limited to)
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents/problems and coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management
- Communicate with line of business and management the overall status and health of the application.
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed of determining root cause
- Perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
- Work closely with Technology Infrastructure Teams, Development & Testing Teams in supporting Integrated/Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades etc.
- Real-time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to bank customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary to ensure timely restoration.
- Test and validate system performance.
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Execute effort to determine the originating factors for a given incident and develop recommendations for preventing its repetition.
- Monitor daily use of the technical components to identify and address expected capacity pitfalls and diagnose deviations or substandard security performance.
- Resolve moderately to highly complex incidents and perform root cause analysis and escalate more complex incidents and problems to provide future hardware and/or software resiliency.
- Develop plans to meet required service levels; design data collection and reporting mechanisms for technical component health reporting.
- Support Sr. Consultant and Technician level Service Engineers in project management, planning and estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow; guides Specialist-level Service Engineers in these processes.
- 1+ years of experience working on React JS and Restful services.
- 1+ years of experience working on of support of 24x7 support operations staff.
- 2-3 years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) preferred
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency for high severity incidents. Able to assess the customer impact and provide tactical solutions
- SPLUNK and Dynatrace experience is preferred.
- Experience working with service now and Jira.
- Provide generic solutions/workaround and avoid recurring of incidents. Proactively monitor the production environment and identify the potential incidents
- Able to contribute to 1. Automation 2. Causal analysis 3. Develop shared/common solutions
- Flexible enough to work for extended hours and on weekends as needed to handle high priority issues, production recoveries, provide support to Dev & Infrastructure Releases.
- Hands-on experience with Incident and problem management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment