- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
This position is located at our Jefferson Site, approximately 15 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA. The Production Trainee position is an entry-level position working in the manufacturing areas. Individuals must successfully perform the duties of the entry-level position to be considered for advancement into one of our other positions in the plant.
- Must be able to apply mechanical fundamentals to properly operate and maintain the performance of the equipment within their area of responsibility.
- Review and follow all production standard operating procedures and job analyses.
- Review and follow all safety rules, procedures, and practices for the safety of themselves, other employees and contractors.
- Support the safety culture at the plant by participating in safety programs, which includes pre-job hazard evaluations and person-to-person contacts.
- Support environmental, safety, and health efforts at the plant.
- Must wear company-provided personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hard hats at all times in designated areas. Dust masks, respirators, rubber gloves, face shields, and other protective equipment must be worn when required, which requires employee to be clean-shaven at all times.
- Must have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Overtime work is required from time to time.
- Be familiar with basic computer functions such as creating, sending, and receiving e-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel, and data entry. Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Comfortable climbing ladders (up to 50 feet tall) and tank cars/trucks, walk on catwalks, open and close valves; work at heights for extended periods.
- Have a strong work ethic, demonstrating both initiative and a professional attitude.
Qualifications – External Requirements:
- Must possess valid PA Driver's License.
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Favorable (clear) Background Check.
- Must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts as required to maintain operations of facility 7 days/week, 24 hours/day, 365 days/year and holiday-weekends-overtime.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and be clean-shaven at all times.
- Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors regardless of weather.
- Must wear all required PPE including hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toe boots, and long sleeves at all times.
- Strong communication skills to interact with co-workers, other departments, and supervision.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Able to roll 400 lb. drums on a regular basis.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, and equipment manuals.
- Able to operate complex equipment and processes using control panels, process control systems, and distributed control systems.
- Able to remain active for long periods of time; frequent stair climbing, bending, and squatting are required.
- Motivated to move into higher level operations roles.
- Prior industrial, construction, military or related experience, or related education/ training is required.
- Work in a chemical manufacturing environment or similar process industry is preferred.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
About the company
Eastman manufactures chemicals, fibers and plastics materials which are used by our customers as key ingredients to make the products that you use every day.