- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Under general supervision, performs on-the-job, skill, and deliver trainings in assembly and production areas. Participates in the introduction of new processes and sequences for manufacturing areas. Maintains rosters of training progress, examination as well as certification records, and, in addition, may monitor trainees. Takes initiative to ensure work is done accurately and completely, assuring trainees are following their procedures and that they learn to be compliant. Applies existing work methods to different known situations. Problems involve recurring, routine situations; usually refers more complex problems to supervisor or more senior level personnel.
This will have a strong emphasis on Job Relations and peer bonding
- Provides instructional training and assessment/certification support for multiple processes (e.g., manual assembly, inspection, soldering components, assembling components using microscopes, automated systems). Explains cause and effect of non-conformant builds
- Performs regular process audits of personnel, tooling and equipment in assigned areas. Performs inspection of hybrids and disposition per required documentation. May be involved in generating audit action items and participating in the preventative and corrective action associated with audit findings.
- Maintains required records and assures operator compliance. Compiles and organizes data to support continuous improvement plans for both process area and individual work cells.
- Complies and teach other how to comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Teach others how to perform line clearance procedures, how to achieve good documentation practices and how to properly complete their shop floor paperwork.
- Tracks the output and the scrap of their trainees.
- Support the retraining process of certified individuals
- My partners with appropriate Engineering personnel in developing process yield improvement plans.
- May participate in the development or improvement of process work instructions (i.e., Manufacturing Operation (MO), Engineering Specification (ES), Process Aid (PA)) and training modules (i.e., guides and assessments) in conjunction with Training, Quality, and Engineering.
- Reviews and recommends procedural changes pertaining to all applicable specifications, as well as, communicating all Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) and Temporary Alert changes to production. Generates ECO’s as requested to facilitate changes.
- Notifies the Supervisor of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any difficulties that cannot be readily corrected.
- May set-up/utilize special test equipment.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- High school diploma, General Educational Development (GED) diploma, or equivalent.
- Typically, a minimum of two plus years related experience in the assembly, including the demonstrated ability to provide work/lead direction to a team.
- Demonstrated manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination is required.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Demonstrated use of standard hand tools used in the assembly of bio-instruments/bio-devices is mandatory. Incumbents are required to work cooperatively and productively with others.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines on multiple projects, and rotate through all jobs performed in the assigned work group as needed.
- The ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English is also required; this requirement includes clear, understandable speech and demonstrated comprehension skills.
- The ability to successfully pass a reading comprehension pre-employment examination is mandatory.
- The demonstrated ability to provide constructive input/feedback to trainees and all levels of employees is also required.
- The demonstrated ability to understand and comply with applicable U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Company operating procedures, processes, policies and rules is essential.
- Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance; the ability work overtime is also required.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
SH Structural Heart
United States Minnesota Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.