- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Duke University Hospital Summer 2020 Professional Nursing Assistant Program: Please complete Steps 1-4 to be considered.
1. Application: Apply online at dukenursing.org and upload your resume. All applicants must be a rising Junior or Senior Nursing Student to be considered for the program.
*Application Deadline: February 15, 2020 (No applications will be accepted after this date!)
2. Survey: All applicants are required to complete a survey as part of the application process (click on link below, or copy and paste in URL).
· This survey is unique to this posting. Even if you completed a survey for another position at Duke, you will need to complete this one, as well. Survey must be completed for consideration.
· Survey includes behavioral based questions for your response. (This is in place of essay required in past years).
· A “Thank you for taking this survey” page will appear after completing the survey. This is your confirmation of completion.
3. Video Interview: Once the survey is complete and it has been determined that you meet the minimum requirements for the program, you will receive an invitation to complete and submit a video interview.
4. Skill Survey References: You will be required to provide professional references: Approximately 7-14 business days after you apply, you will receive an email from Skill Survey to enter names and email addresses of 5 professional references (can be clinical instructors, preceptors, current or previous employers, etc). All references must be completed/received by February 15, 2020. You can login to Skill Survey to check the status of references. Recommendation letters/written references do not need to be submitted this year. We no longer accept faxed, email, or mailed references.
Once you have completed steps 1-4, your application for the Summer 2020 Professional Nursing Assistant Program is complete!
· Application deadline: February 15, 2020
·Survey deadline: February 15, 2020
· Video Interview deadline: February 15, 2020
· Skill Survey References deadline: February 15, 2020 *You can log into Skill Survey to check the status of references.
· North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry Listing deadline: April 17, 2020
· Includes North Carolina Residents & Out-of-State Residents
· Program Acceptance: Notification of program acceptance will be extended no later than April 10, 2020.
· Program begins: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
· Program ends: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry Listing
To register, contact:
· N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service Regulation Health Care Personnel Registry Section
· Website: https://www.ncnar.org/verify_listings1.jsp
·8 a.m. - 12 noon, and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., Monday-Friday
Nursing Care Assistant I – Duke University Health System
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Care Assistant I who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
* Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet®organization.
* Professional advancement opportunities through our Clinical Ladder Program (Nursing Care Assistant, Surgical Tech, Certified Medical Assistant).
* Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
The Nursing Care Assistant I performs a variety of nonprofessional nursing duties in the direct care of patients under the direct supervision of an RN/LPN to include: prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures and provide manual assistance as required, obtains and records patient data for medical records noting and informing RN/LPN of information collected, administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
*Previous work experience as a Nursing Care Assistant I is preferred.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
* Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing with the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service Regulation.
* BLS (or higher) certification required
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.