- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- California US
- The Program Manager is responsible for a fully trained contractor ProtectiveServices Officer workforce. The PM isresponsible for exercising leadership, maintaining high morale, directing andinspecting the performance of personnel assigned to their site. This includes overseeing the scheduling, workdistribution, training, answering of questions related to work, and solvingproblems. The PM must have completeknowledge of the site, all building and facilities, post orders, emergencycontact list, emergency procedures, special instructions and all post duties atthe site. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Representand act on behalf of the Program Manager during his absence, synchronize andcoordinate intra department support.
- Responsiblefor the overall operation and budget of the Security Services Department.
- Directlyresponsible for overseeing the PM’s administrative functions, including budget,personnel supply/logistics, and coordinating those functions with theappropriate staff.
- Servesas the primary liaison with organized labor under the CBA (if applicable).
- Ensuresefficient and effective planning, staffing and managing of all protectivesecurity officer functions at the site.
- Responsiblefor administrative and technical requirements.
- Providesprofessional management to accomplish all performance criteria in the contract statementof work and compliance documents.
- Ensurescompliance with Federal, State, local, NASA, laws and regulations andrequirements and site energy management conservation regulations, collectivebargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specializedprograms or contractual requirements relating to the business of this section,working within the limits of established police.
- Willverify that all officers receive and understand new, changed, or specialinstructions.
- Conductinvestigations into security matters and report findings to chain-of-commandand the client.
- Isaccountable for the proper use and maintenance of all equipment used at allsites by assigned officers.
- Willaccurately maintain all field file records of employees assigned to the site.These records may include, but are not limited to, time and attendance,disciplinary actions, promotions, demotions, commendations, status/payrollchange reports.
- Managesthe staffing of posts at the site in order to ensure complete coverage. Thisincludes, but is not limited to, coverage for vacations, illness, andcall-offs.
- Willreview and ensure clarity, completeness, accuracy, and legibility of allwritten reports, timesheets, & logbook entries.
- Keepspost orders & operations manual accurate and up-to-date.
- Takescharge and directs security personnel in any unusual or emergency situationsrequiring immediate and necessary action.
- Maintainsdaily liaisons with NASA officials to ensure the terms of the contract arebeing met to the client's satisfaction and expectation.
- Hascomplete authority over assigned personnel to ensure the accomplishment ofquality work.
- Maybe required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings,weekends, and/or holidays.
- Overseesand directly or indirectly supervises all security force officer personnel onthe contract.
- Otherduties as assigned MinimumQualifications: (Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelors’ degree in a relatedfield, such as law enforcement, police science, police administration, orcriminology.
- Equivalent experience may besubstituted for education.
- Eight (8) years’ experience insecurity or law enforcement administrative and operations experience in thearmed forces security police or civilian equivalent or related field five (5)of which is at the supervisory level.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess and maintain a validstate driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a Secretsecurity clearance.
- In compliance with federal law, allpersons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work inthe United States and to complete the required employment eligibilityverification document form upon hire. Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Skill in operating a personalcomputer and standard office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of a variety ofcomputer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database,(MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Must write clearly andinformatively; Edit work for spelling and grammar; Vary writing style to meetneeds; Present numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret writteninformation. (The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision. Work Environment: (The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
About the company