- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Abbott is looking for a Program Manager to join the Digital and Analytics solution organization within Business Technology Services. The primary responsibility is to lead and manage large complex programs in the Information Management subdomain. The program manager will lead the team and delivery activities that require collaboration with Business Partners and Information Technology to successfully deliver analytics solutions and ensure value is achieved. The program manager will partner with Business Relationship Managers and external partners on the identification of business requirements. The Program Manager will strategize with enterprise leadership on the information management domain direction. Leverages key strengths from all project teams. Manages and coordinates program level risks and issues. Plays a key role in decision making, planning, and executing analytics initiatives and is responsible for defining and the ultimate delivery of analytics solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead complex information management initiatives
- Manage full lifecycle of programs including demand management through execution and closure.
- Primarily responsible for successful execution of analytics projects working with internal and external partners.
- Responsible for the review and approval of all analytics project related deliverables including statement of work, through System Decommission.
- Analyze resource capacity to meet current and future project demands
- Manages risk and provides management visibility to high risk items
- Plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets.
- Communicates effectively, both formally and informally.
- Demonstrates leadership. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives. Understands the relevance of own area of responsibility/specialism to the employing organization.
- Takes client requirements into account when evaluating proposals.
- Manage communication and negotiation with external partners to obtain required solution design and project size. Reviews and approves infrastructure, software related project costs.
- Takes account of relevant legislation, compliance requirements, industry regulations. Stays current with industry advancements and direction of domains supported. Thinks strategically leveraging knowledge of domain needs across Abbott.
- Ensure effective systems operations between the Abbott and external partners
- Bring forth latest industry trends, strategies, plans, investment requirements while making analytics delivery plans with stakeholders
- 7-10 Years managing large projects and programs
- Experience delivering information management projects
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong customer centric approach with outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent prioritization skills to balance key priorities
- Self-motivated learner, with a fast-learning curve to acquire required expertise
- Ability to build and manage teams
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering, or equivalent relevant experience
- Analytics/IM working experience
- Knowledge of program management methods.
- Experience working in a validated software environment
- 3-5 Years in information management delivery
- Experienced with Agile methods
- Master’s Degree preferred
JOB FAMILY:IT Services & Solutions Delivery
DIVISION:GIS Global Information Services
LOCATION:United States Waukegan : J46 Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.