- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job andmaking a difference.
American Express has been making a differencein people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big andsmall, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggestchallenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives ofour people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helpingthem with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs asthey grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spendwith their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a newcareer path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance andmomentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to backour customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
About AmericanExpress Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) providesa comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to havefaster time-to-market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapidcode-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service,Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service,Messaging-as-a-Service, and CI/CD automation pipelines for applicationdevelopers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers towrite modern scalable cloud-native applications.
As a Program Manager, you will support the EnterpriseCloud Platform (eCP) Organization reporting to our VP, CI/CD - working closelyand collaborating with all members of the eCP leadership team (peers anddirectors). You are responsible for multiple activities including strategicpresentations, communications, organization, planning, and execution ofactivities to help ensure the objectives of the CI/CD portfolio are met.
This role requires excellent thought leadership, criticalthinking, relationship building skills, and the ability to work well underpressure. He or she will need to have a consistent track record of excellenceoperating independently and within a high performing team environment.
· Own and handlespecial projects of high priority assisting the VP, CI/CD (eCP)
· Take initiativeand assist leadership in tracking and driving day-to-day activities and issues
· Build organizationalmetrics dashboards to drive identification of improvement operational andfinancial opportunities
· Be assertive indriving time-sensitive asks from cloud VPs and Directors
· Build presentationand business cases for senior executive presentations (such as Business UpdateReviews, Strategy Decks, Progress Updates)
· Assist withrunning business planning, administration, and operational processes (e.g.,Leadership meetings, cost center management, goal setting and scorecardmetrics)
· Deliver a broadrange of communications including: All Hands & business updates andemployee communications
· Embed withEngineering teams to identify/document meaningful business impacts
· Maintain datafiles relating to employees and contractors
· Balance themanagement of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategicdeliverables
· Collaborate withthe various constituencies across the Company in order to accomplish tasks onbehalf of the eCP leadership
· High Energy,motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership
· Lead projects withlimited guidance
· Requiresflexibility and ability to effectively function in a dynamic environment,including the ability to address ad hoc projects that arise based on developingbusiness needs with urgency while balancing other priorities
· Preference forstrong candidate for this role with superior organization, communication,decision making and planning skills
· The successfulcandidate is a strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence andcomposure required to effectively communicate with senior management
· Able tocommunicate in a succinct and professional matter
· Attention todetail is critical
· Timely follow-upand tracking capability
· 2+ Years ofmanagement consulting experience as an Analyst or Associate
· Agile experienceusing Rally or Jira to generate productivity reporting
· 3+ years ofcreating Strategy, Business Plans and other senior leader presentations
· 3+ years ofadvance PowerPoint presentation preparation
· 3+ years ofadvance Excel
· High level ofintegrity for handling confidential information
· Outstandingleadership and relationship building skills
· Proven ability toinfluence without authority across peers and superiors and drive projects withlittle direction
Employment eligibility to work with AmericanExpress in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorshipfor these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2019, 8:56:43 AM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.