- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
The MATI (Mergers & Acquisitions Technical Integrations) team is responsible for making the integration of acquisitions and emerging product areas for Google and Alphabet possible.
As a Program Manager for M&A Apps, you will create and own detailed project plans and drive the execution of these plans from concept to completion. You will partner and work with the various M&A teams across Google as well as Engineering to define, influence, and drive the development of key system requirements to support these teams and their workflows, and improve the overall M&A process.
At Google, we’re focused on execution. So when things get in the way of progress,you'll also step in to help remove any roadblocks. You will work to identify any project dependencies, risks, and issues, as well as propose potential workarounds and solutions and escalations.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree in a tech-related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience leading and managing cross-functional, multidisciplinary projects
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, managing software projects, and working with product engineering teams.
- Experience presenting to disparate stakeholders and teams, both technical and non-technical.
- Experience and/or understanding of the M&A process
- Experience with building workflow, reporting, and/or business intelligence tools for mid-size to large organizations
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Lead program management tasks, including defining project goals and objectives, project tracking (defining scope, identifying milestones, tracking progress), and managing the longer-term plans
- Build and manage relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Partner with the teams to understand their business processes, gather requirements, propose system requirements as well as plan, prioritize, and help deliver on the requirements
- Establish and formalize communications plans, representing from business, product, and technical perspectives
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate