- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Program Manager of Professional Education has primary responsibility to develop the strategy and support the coordination of educational activities for Abbott customers and other external stakeholders. This individual will be responsible for supporting Abbott heart failure educational priorities. He/she will tactically execute on key programs to increase awareness and engagement with both patients and HCPs to drive consideration and adoption of Abbott heart failure solutions. Activities include customer educational visits, sales training programs, national peer to peer (P2P) programs and all other training programs in collaboration with Marketing, Clinical, Sales, and the broader HF Education Team. Skills in market development and the development of multi-channel educational strategies leveraging best practices in adult learning including developing curricula and content for continuing education modules, Learning Management System module creation and development, and content for local, national, and customer programs is essential. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Professional Education Heart Failure Therapies.
- Manage and oversees the educational strategies related to activities, modules, and programs serving Abbott Heart Failure Therapies.
- Develop and execute effective education initiatives to drive market growth and adoption of assigned products with both patients and HCPs.
- Able to design appropriate programs to educate and train HCPs to follow guideline-based management of Patient.
- Understand key market trends, barriers, customer insights, and competitive information to identify customer needs and education opportunities at local, regional, and national levels
- Leads, influences, coaches, cross-functional teams to enable successful educational activities for customers & other external stakeholders. Leverage expertise from within the organization to accomplish operational and training objectives.
- Partners cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Clinical, Program Management, Regulatory Clinical and other departments as needed to establish and lead the development of educational project priorities and allocate resources appropriately.
- Manage and implement short and long-term plans to ensure educational activities and programs are in place to meet business objectives and ensure alignment and coordination with appropriate functional partners.
- Develop and implement educational strategies using techniques such as e-learning, self-learning, web-based learning, experiential learning to meet the training needs.
- Develop, implement, train and monitor effectiveness of educational activities and programs. Adapt activities and priorities to meet business objectives and priorities.
- Ensure effective contracting and implementation of educational training modules, P2P programs, CEVs, and other educational program activities.
- Facilitates the adoption of programs and tools by Abbott Heart Failure Commercial teams outside of the United States.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in heart failure as a clinician or in industry. Candidates with experience related to Hospital/Clinic program growth and/or prior marketing roles will be preferred
- Solid leadership and people management skills, including demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop employees.
- Significant experience in identifying and driving operational change and excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical aptitude in Education.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to travel approximately 40%, including internationally.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States Texas Austin : 6300 Bee Cave Rd Building 2, suite 100
United States Minnesota Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N, United States Pleasanton : 6101 Stoneridge Dr, United States Texas Plano : 6901 Preston Road
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.