- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Overview id Software has a great opportunity for you to partner with the existing team on Orion. Orion is technology that enhances the experience of a streamed game. rion technology reduces latency and bandwidth while streaming a game, making streamed games accessible to more people, in more areas, at higher quality.
As a Programmer, you will be an integral part of the team that not only helps the company take advantage of emerging trends but helps drive and define the trend. As part of the team you will help ideate, investigate, and prove new techniques which can be used to improve both current and future ZeniMax titles and services. You will be asked to not only write significant portions of new code bases but maintain and integrate that code into existing code bases as well. Our team is results driven and we are looking for people who want to actualize real world technologies that impact the industry in a profound way. Expect your abilities and scope of work to expand in a fast paced and highly innovative environment. Be curious and willing to learn. Push beyond what you know, and think is possible. This role would be ideal for a recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable industry experience.
- Work with our R&D group to bring new technologies to light.
- Find opportunities in developing technology trends that keep ZeniMax titles and services ahead of the curve.
- Work well with other team members and divisions to realize new technologies.
- Be curious, imaginative and a learner.
- Able to work towards group macro goals and not just personal lines of inquiry.
- Able to work with group leadership to advocate for new research opportunities worth team inquiry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable industry experience
- Strong C++ design and coding experience
- Experience writing code that balances performance and maintainability
- Enjoys jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Comfortable working in cross-discipline teams
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Recent graduate
- Be passion about learning and demonstrate it through extra-curricular programming projects.
- Desire and vision to help shape a project from the ground up.
- Experience with Engine, 3D graphics, AI, Physics, or Gameplay programming.
Applicant Privacy Notice CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
- Job ID: 2020-1624
- Category: Engineering/Programming
- Type: Regular Full-Time
About the company