- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Dover Plains
Requisition ID: 219562
Cricket Valley Energy Center LLC has awarded Bechtel a contract to design and build the new, natural-gas fired power plant, which will provide electricity for one million homes and create approximately 1,100 jobs at peak construction.The Cricket Valley Energy Center, a 1,100-megawatt (MW) combined-cycle plant to be completed in 2020, will have a low-impact design and will use advanced emissions-control technology.
Bechtel is responsible for the engineering, procurement, and construction of the generating facility, which will use General Electric power generation equipment including three combustion turbines, each paired with a heat recovery steam generator and steam turbine generator. Bechtel’s financing and development arm, Bechtel Enterprises, partnered with Cricket Valley Energy Center LLC to complete the development of the project.
This position is for a Project Document Manager to provide support to the Cricket Valley Energy Center Project.As part of the Project Team under the direction of the Project Field Engineer, plans, controls, and directs the full scope of records management andadministrative activities for the project.
- Register, control, distribute, transmit, file and archive project records using Aconex to Plan scope of administrative work, develop and implement staffing plan, establish priorities, train personnel to perform their assigned duties in area of responsibility, conduct interviews, and recommend candidates.
- Create and manage Aconex accounts for the project team.
- Supervise administrative personnel assigned to the project in the functions of document management with regard to Bechtel design documents, supplier documents, communication and construction records.
- Ensure all project documents are in alignment with the issued records retention and turnover plan and update as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with project team members, client, and field personnel to ensure quality, schedule and budget are met as defined.
- Support quality assurance audits, internal technical reviews, client reviews, and ISO 9000 audits.
- Prepare routine documents and reports using standard word processing, spreadsheets, or other office software as needed to support work activities.
- Provide technical guidance and training to project team members in the use of automated document management tools.
- Plan, organize, and implement systems for efficient document processing including design and supplier documents, construction, communication, and the organization of record-keeping.
- Support development of duties and standards prepare performance reviews, and coach individuals in performance enhancement.
- Coordinate project space requirements, communications, equipment, project library, and handle general facility’s needs.
- Must have the right to work and remain in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must have a minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in document/records management. Experience must have been obtained within the past 7 years.
- Must have a minimum of 3 or more years current supervisory experience. Experience must have been obtained within the past 5 years.
- Must have experience using Aconex. Experience must have been obtained within the past year.
- Must be willing and able to relocate to the jobsite location.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency using standard office automation tools, including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word. Skills assessments to determine proficiency level may be administered.
- Previous jobsite experience on a Power project
- Previous experience managing and building the system turnover books, both hard copy and electronically for turnover to the customer.
- Previous experience with the completions database
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.