- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description - Project Engineering Manager (03497)
Project Engineering Manager-03497
Stepan Company is a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals headquartered in Northfield, Illinois United States and located throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1932, we provide innovative chemical solutions for a cleaner, healthier, more energy-efficient world. Located in Winder, GA
We are currently hiring a Senior Project Manager to join our North America Regional Engineering Team and execute projects using To Manage Projects at Stepan’s Winder location for capital management process from Front End Loading (FEL) through start-up.
- Lead a Project Team, to deliver the Project on the schedule, within budget, and with world-class safety performance
- Perform direct oversight of an Engineering Contractor to ensure adequacy and completeness of all engineering deliverables from FEL stage through construction and start-up.
- Participate in HAZOPs, Design & Constructability Reviews
- Participate in the formulation and development of a cohesive Project Team organization
- Assist in fostering a blame-free environment to drive productivity while being able to ensure accountability
- Work with Cost Estimating Manager to develop and implement a Work Breakdown Structure for the project
- Work with Procurement organization to manage and track all purchases, contracts and invoices
- Coordinate with internal EHS group and consultants to manage environmental permitting process
- Manage, document, and track all Scope Changes, including effects on cost and schedule.
- Track multiple aspects of project progress and barriers, and prepare summaries for communication with senior management (internal and external)
- Track all financial commitments & expenditures, and develop monthly updates with forecasts
- Follow Stepan’s Stage Gated Project Delivery Process for Technical/Stakeholder Reviews and Approvals
- Integrate Operations team support to produce a design with operability/maintainability/safety in mind
- Build and develop trust and business relationships vital to the success of capital project submission, review, and timely approval.
- Manage and drive timely project closures and work with Finance team to ensure proper asset capitalization in accordance with Stepan Guidelines.
- Create executive reports to communicate key information including budget, project approval summary, and capital project projections to stakeholders
- BS in a discipline of Engineering is required
- Minimum of15 years of experience is required, 20 year preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experienceis required in capital project execution
- Experience in Chemical or related industries is required
- Supervisory/Management experience in an Engineering, Project Execution capacity
- Track record of working/leading in Project Management.
- Process Safety/PSM competence/API 510,650,653/ASME Section 8 understanding
- Ability to function within a project team, prioritizing/delegating work, driving productivity, and proactively overcoming obstacles in a complex project
- Ability to motivate a team of designers/engineers to achieve common success
- Experience successfully working with major Engineering and Construction firms is preferred
- Creative problem-solver who can adjust to challenging situations to meet the schedule/cost/safety targets
- Ability to influence stakeholders for a positive outcome
- Strong working knowledge of chemical plant operations and processes
- SAP experience preferred
:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years) Job
:Engineering Primary Location
:United States-Georgia-Winder Schedule
:Full-timeTravel Type:Domestic Job Posting
:Mar 17, 2020 Recruiter
:Clifford Wayne Holcombe
About the company