- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the planning and control activities of Flight Test Instrumentation projects, to include the performance of project management activities for the delivery of Flight Test Instrumentation products and services to the customer in accordance with cost and schedule. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the leadership of:
- Planning and tracking of instrumentation activities including requirements and specifications, electrical and mechanical design activities, procurement, in-house fabrication, instrumentation system testing, A/C installations, and system checkouts.
- Track and report Instrumentation cost and schedule performance.
- Pro-active written and verbal communication with various disciplines within and outside of the Instrumentation Department, including the development and maintenance of status reports and risk mitigation plans.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all customers’ Proj Mgmt inquiries.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in a leadership capacity within the Instrumentation department and support all Enterprise Excellence initiatives.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Proven experience and ability to analyze, prepare, and ensure execution of the above responsibilities with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Experience leading a cross functional team.
- Proven ability to proactively communicate with the various disciplines within and outside of a single department.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft office products with a high proficiency in MS Project and Excel.
- Experience developing and implementing standard work/processes/practices.
- Working knowledge of EVMS/Control (Cost) Account Management.
In addition, the successful candidate:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have the ability to obtain a US DoD government security clearance.
- Must possess general aviation knowledge, preferably with rotor craft.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Must have very good interpersonal skills.
- Must have good attention to details and have well developed skills to track numerous concurrent activities.
- Must possess a high level of initiative, be a self-starter, have a consistent sense of urgency, and be highly focused on results.
- Must be highly effective working in a collaborative team environment to accomplish program objectives.
- Support occasional after hours and weekend efforts.
- Support occasional 2nd shift efforts.
- Must be flexible to support off shift working hours and travel (20%).
Listed below are preferred experience/qualifications for the successful candidate:
- PMP license
About the company