- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Project Manager - 90213406
Primary Location:US-New Jersey-Whippany
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: 400 Jefferson Park Whippany, NJ US
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Fraud Technology
Would you like to work for a group that are the good guys helping protect the consumer as well as the bank? Do you want to deliver and improve software that is handling billions of financial and non-financial transactions using supervised and unsupervised machine learning? Do you want to be part of the team that has aggressive targets of saving the business over 100 million pounds in next two to three years? Do you thrive in a fast paced, intellectually and technically challenging environment? If the answer to all these is an emphatic “yes” then we have a role for you.
Overall purpose of role
To define and own the content and direction of change projects in order to support the high performance continuous delivery of change projects within the fraud technology team. Responsible for overseeing the software development team and working and working under the agile methodology.
· Create & maintain plan (from Product Owner roadmap) and Kanban management
· Establish & drive delivery disciplines, cadence & standards for the feature team
· Act as a leader to our software development team.
· Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members.
· Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing.
· Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method. Drive the team to ensure velocity is maintained / changes managed in line with expectations
· Remove project obstacles and develop solutions with the team. Own the issues / blockers status & resolution, and same for identifying / managing risks facing the feature team (may be reliant on support from others to mitigate)
· Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout the project. Own the delivery status report out and accuracy of the facts
· Ensure wider organization is engaged & aligned to feature team needs, including timely / pre-emptive governance, approvals, dispensations
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Work as part of a product-focused team alongside a product owner, engineering manager and Project manager to own the continuous delivery of value and work with the product owner to define and prioritize changes that will meet our numerous stakeholder demands
Manage activities in a change project. It might include engaging stakeholders in the change effort and ensuring they ready to adopt the coming changes, measuring and reporting change progress, assessing business readiness and supporting change adoption. Plan and support labor relations and/or employee relations discussions, as necessary.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Working closely with the senior project manager, identify behaviors needed to enable the change and coach and prepare individual leaders to lead the change and facilitate alignment of project objectives among the leaders.
Assist senior project manager with all aspects of a change project, including project planning, estimating, budgeting, resource allocation, financial management and time management for project up to an SI value of £1-5m or a portfolio of smaller change initiatives up to £1-5m SI or a project with increased
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.