- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University of Denver and exercises broad responsibilities for all aspects of the operation of the University. After consultation of thousands of members of the University community and beyond, the chancellor created a strategic vision, DU IMPACT 2025 (impact.du.edu). The University is now implementing that vision in collaboration with key leaders and community members across the University.
This position will work in the Office of the Chancellor. The Project Manager will be responsible for tracking progress on implementation of the University's strategic plan, DU IMPACT 2025. Reporting to the Director for Projects and Planning and working with the University's senior leadership and the implementation Steering Committee, the Project Manager will work to capture progress, monitor the status of proposals and help implementation teams develop and measure outcomes. The Project Manager will help identify areas that need special attention. The Project Manager will develop mechanisms for tracking progress and organizing information in a useful and accessible manner. They will also assist in developing agendas and modifying procedural protocols. The Project Manager will develop written communications and will meet in-person with implementation leaders.
- Responsible for strategic projects within the Chancellor's Office.
- Monitor the progress and manages the budget of strategic projects, collaborates with key constituents, and other duties as related to the project(s).
- Responsible for the management of the Community + Values initiative.
- Working with the C+V Steering Committee, the Integration Committee and other campus groups and stakeholders, the Project Manager will co-design the initiative, develop metrics for success, help coordinate initiative logistics and ensure timelines are met.
- Communicate with various groups to facilitate collaboration among stakeholders.
- Manage the budget in collaboration with Shared Services to ensure expenses are tracked, reported and monitored appropriately.
- Supervise four graduate students charged with administrative and project management duties to support the initiative and the initiatives programming elements.
- Track progress on the implementation of the University's strategic plan, DU IMPACT 2025.
- Working with the Office of the Provost and the DU IMPACT 2025 Steering Committee, the Project Manager will work to capture progress and help implementation teams develop and measure outcomes.
- Monitor the process for funding projects, independently ensuring that each funded project is providing annual reviews, understanding potential impediments to financial independence and working with Shared Services to monitor spending.
- Help identify areas that need additional attention.
- Develop mechanisms for tracking progress and organizing information in a useful and accessible manner.
- Assist with developing agendas and modifying procedural protocols.
- Develop written communications and meet in-person with implementation leaders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor; willingness and ability to deal with internal and external constituents in a professional, confidential, friendly, and responsive manner via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to edit written documents.
- Ability to solve problems in a changing environment.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Self-starter with the ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- A high degree of integrity with a strong ability to maintain confidentiality and behave ethically.
- Experience maintaining detailed records.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Familiarity with web-based data management and modern office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); familiarity with the Apple operating system a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- Capacity to be flexible and creative in a dynamic and fun environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years project management experience.
- Master's degree.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in higher education.
- PMI PMP Certification.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with nights and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, December 16, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- ms project