- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- South San Francisco
The project manager will lead ~5-12 active projects with budgets up to ~$5M each and will have full responsibility for managing these funds to achieve project success. The incumbent will lead and direct vendor partners to achieve project goals. The role will also coordinate and need to influence Genentech stakeholders to define the project scope, resolve conflicts and negotiate tradeoffs to meet budget and schedule targets. The role will need to present to upper management for project updates and funding requests. The projects may be complex in nature, and the role requires good judgment and strategic focus to apply the incumbent’s experience to develop the best scope, considering Genentech’s broader business needs.
The role requires a strong ability to lead and oversee project teams. The project manager is expected to resolve problems with medium complexity, but seeks guidance from manager on more challenging issues. The project manager is expected to lead projects in an independent manner, requiring feedback direction on a few issues per week from management.
- Lead Project Execution - The project manager is expected to lead between 5 and 12 active construction projects at the same time in an independent manner, requiring limited support from upper management. The projects will each be in the range of $50K to $5M in total project value. The project manager has primary responsibility for the project from the project initiation stage through project closeout. Key tasks include scope identification, selecting and bidding out hiring design and construction firms to execute the work, leading project design and construction meetings, managing and updating the project schedule, managing the project budget, obtaining purchase orders, approving invoices, updating the project Unifier database as well as creating formal written monthly reports to Design and Construction management on each project.
- Present Projects to Senior Leadership - The project manager will be responsible to lead their project team to complete the activities defined in each phase of the project, and then present to senior leadership for funding. The audience ranges from the Director of Design and Construction for smaller projects, up to a committee led by the Vice President of Site Services along with several directors for mid-size projects.
- Process improvements – A small fraction of the project managers time will be spent supporting broad Design and Construction and Site Services process improvement projects and LEAN initiatives, to improve the processes and functioning of the overall team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree in Engineering with a preference for civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical or related field or Architecture.
- Certification in Project Management (i.e. PMI certification) or additional relevant management training desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Construction Project Management role, Engineering, Facilities, Planning, or related field.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, collaborative, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project design, construction, and management.
About the company
Roche is a Swiss global health-care company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. Its holding company, Roche Holding AG, has bearer shares listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The company headquarters are located in Basel and the company has many pharmaceutical and diagnostic sites around the world – including: Tucson, AZ; Pleasanton, CA; Vacaville, California, Oceanside, California, Branchburg, NJ; Indianapolis, Indiana; Florence, South Carolina; and Ponce, Puerto Rico in the US; Welwyn Garden City and Burgess Hill in the UK; Clarecastle in Ireland; Mannheim and Penzberg in Germany; Mississauga and Laval in Canada; Shanghai in China; Mumbai & Hyderabad in India; São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Segrate, Milan in Italy; Johannesburg in South Africa; Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore in Pakistan. There are 26 manufacturing sites worldwide.