- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
The role of the Project Manager is to lead the internal and external delivery teams responsible for Airbnb real estate construction projects, with direct accountability for project delivery and to act as the main POC interfacing directly with stakeholders.
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for real estate construction projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Responsible for developing the scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources through individual project qualification process; conducts request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to project team.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep stakeholders and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Accountable for project documentation governance aligned with Airbnb requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Accountable for tracking progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances.
- Assess change requests “viability and scope” to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk, make recommendations, and issue change orders.
- Identifies complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Demonstrates and communicates a knowledge of projects & project management within the context of business results (business case, business risk, etc).
- 10+ years of relevant project management experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University and/or equivalent related experience. Masters preferred.
- Ability to influence at all levels, remain flexible in an ever-shifting company experiencing explosive growth, and prioritize ruthlessly to deliver maximum business impact
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with cross functional colleagues, Airbnb leadership, and other internal groups to take desired action.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions within a growing matrix organization. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the project.