- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) has a diverse portfolio of companies in a global enterprise that stretches from movies, television, news, sports, games, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line and a variety of other businesses.
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney+ service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Business Operations team, and is responsible for coordinating the delivery of work increments crossing multiple functional workstreams and teams within multiple divisions, toward efficient, scalable, and extensible launch plans and sustainable ongoing operations. Responsibilities also include the development of measures for project monitoring and tracking metrics for reporting to senior stakeholders.
The role will work across the Disney Steaming business group, partnering closely with the EPM function; our international business teams; and the Content and Marketing teams, working in conjunction with peers, executives, and other PMOs. You will perform program and project management activities to successfully execute an ambitious international rollout and plan for ongoing sustainment. You will identify business operations project tasks, milestones, dependencies, and risks and incorporate them into a holistic plan for successful delivery. You will execute through expert knowledge of the project management domain, business process operations generally, deep knowledge of DSS execution strategy, and outstanding internal relationships.
You are a project manager focused on collaborating and building consensus to achieve results. You will be engaging key stakeholders, lead working sessions, and constantly reviewing and iterating on the program management techniques as we scale through launch and growth of the Disney Streaming brand.
- Support the development of an effective methodology for tracking multiple workstreams that are globally consistent but regionally aligned across multiple regions worldwide.
- Prepare charters and develop detailed project plans including detailed scope information, schedules/milestones, budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, and clear success criteria
- Support project communications and monitoring and control mechanisms to ensure status and issues are reported to business leads, executive sponsors, and senior management on a timely basis
- Capture and contribute operational risks, issues, dependencies and decisions, and drive resolution or escalations as required.
- Contribute to effective, timely and regular executive reporting
- Implement tools & workflow protocols for collaboration between individual workstreams within Disney and Disney Streaming Services.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of program & project management in a large corporate environment
- Experience in a senior management-facing role preferred
- Global / International experience preferred
- Expert software tools capabilities. Presentations: Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Slides; Modelling/diagramming: Visio, Omni Graffle and/or Lucidchart; Project Management: Confluence, Jira, and Smartsheets.
- Experience in a large program management and/or operations environment
- Experience working with technology and marketing teams
- Proven experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Possess business acumen and proven ability to react quickly, and plan proactively to meet project needs
- Deep affinity with Disney content, brands, and IP and familiarity with the content production and distribution process.
- Recognized as having a high potential for growth
- Demonstrated tenacity, comfortable with ambiguity
- Experienced delivering business improvement through process re-engineering.
- Possesses excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Understanding of program management processes and methodologies for governance and tracking
- Show commitment to the project management profession via continuing education, up-to-date certifications, and progress in the field over time.
- Basic technical literacy and aptitude to apply qualitative and quantitative data in decision-making
Required Education :
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- One or more recognized current project management certifications (IAMP, PMP, MPM, CSM, etc.)
About the company
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Specialties: Entertainment, Media, Movies, Resorts, Live Entertainment, Studios, Broadcasting, Theme Parks, Television.