- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Bay Shore
What you’ll be doing...
Our legacy networks are continuously improving to become even more robust and efficient, and we need your help to manage the transition. We’ll be moving our customers to the best network and service options for them as we retire any outdated equipment. You’ll manage the project from start to finish, ensuring that it runs smoothly and that we deliver the best outcome for our customers. Don’t just watch the digital future unfold—be the engine that drives it, on our Network Transformation Program Management Team.
- Coordinating with project managers to create and align project plans.
- Overseeing the plan’s execution.
- Identifying, tracking and solving unexpected problems, while minimizing risk.
- Reporting on milestones and deliverables.
The Network Transformation program office is responsible for the implementation of strategic initiatives to improve our long-term wireline cost structure by simplifying product sets, moving customers to the best network and service options, and retiring outdated assets.
This position has oversight over Engineering and Operations progress towards meeting Network Transformations priorities and initiatives.
- Communicating technical information and status to customers, technical support organizations and management teams.
- Track monthly Engineering and Operations results to ensure progress is being made to achieve Open For Sales, Copper Migration and Switch shutdown targets.
- Improving processes and outcomes through analysis of successes and shortfalls.
- Tracking project progress, performance, identifying gaps and adjusting plans.
What we’re looking for...
No one runs a project like you do---on your watch, no balls are dropped. You view a problem as a puzzle you’d like to solve. You’re no stranger to tight timelines and competing priorities. And you’re a great communicator, able to translate complex technical specifications into concrete requirements. You know how to engage a team, set clear standards, remove barriers, and resolve issues, and you’re committed to helping everyone on your team do their best work.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing projects, ideally, technical or engineering.
- Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Tableau dashboard authoring.
- Familiarity with Project Management Institute (PMI) process and standards.
- Working knowledge of BDMS, MMS, WFM, NAR, vBuild, CoE, ICGS/IDDS/FIM, iVAPP and NTAS
- Experience with MS Project. Even better, Clarity PPM Engines.
- Technical experience with new network deployments
- Ability to be highly motivated, work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.