- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Schuff Steel (a subsidiary of DBM Global), the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire a Project Scheduler . This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, and exciting builds (previous clients include Apple, State Farm Stadium, and Facebook).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to the needs of our Project Management Department, the Project Scheduler will work with various internal customers to produce detailed project schedules and related reports. The Project Scheduler works directly with management to ensure an accurate flow of information as it related to projects schedules.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- Review and understand Contract requirements for Baseline Schedule and establishes criteria for schedule development (schedule detail, work breakdown structure (WBS), etc.)
- Develops and updates summary level as well as detailed schedules.
- Develops lists of design, procurement, construction and post construction activities based on review of design documents, and discussions with owners, design consultants and contractors.
- Identifies major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items.
- Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Develops realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Assigns resources (cost, labor or material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms.
- Assesses actual progress based on weekly production meetings.
- Suggests corrective actions and/or develops recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
- Assists with time and cost delay claims and develops pre-award proposal/bid schedules
- Assist Project Manager in development of master project and subcontractor schedules
- Assist Project Manager in updating schedules and perform schedule analysis for change orders and claims
- Develop and implement scheduling procedures
- Prepare 'as built' schedules Education/Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred.
- Must have at least two (2) years of scheduling experience in building construction using Primavera (P6) Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
About the company