- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitleProperty Accounting AssistantDepartmentProperty AccountingFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeRequisition NumberS20236Open Date11/08/2019Close Date11/22/2019Salary Information$17.84 to $22.11 per hour
Work ScheduleMonday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Benefits EligibleYesEligible for OvertimeYesPosition SummaryThe Office of Property Accounting is responsible for establishing and promoting measures that will enable the University to adequately safeguard and account for its capitalized buildings, books, and equipment, and, is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable state, federal, and University rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
The property accounting assistant reports directly to the property supervisor; and, performs all aspects of property accounting work in the acquisition through disposition cycle. The primary emphasis of this position includes equipment inventory, tracking, and analysis support by following established policies and procedures for both capital projects and equipment items. S/he ensures assets are correctly identified and recorded in the University Fixed Assets system and provide property education/awareness to department administrators and equipment coordinators.
The ideal candidate has strong computer skills, the ability to work independently and with others along with a high level of attention to detail. This role requires competency and confidence in interactions with all levels of employees both internally and externally. We are looking for a team player with a great attitude who enjoys working with people.
Education RequiredHS Diploma or equivalentMajor/DisciplineSubstitution for Education RequirementExperience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Education PreferredBachelor’s degree
Experience Required5 yearsType of ExperienceRelated experience in property accounting support
Substitution for Experience RequirementMay substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Experience Preferred- Experience with plant funds and inventory maintenance
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems including transaction review, analysis, and data entry, strongly prefer Banner experience
License/Certification PreferredSkills Required- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Skills PreferredInternal / External ContactsClose and frequent contact with departmental administrators and staff members of the Controller’s Office via telephone, email, and in person.
Physical Demands- Requires working at a computer for extended periods of time (up to eight hours per day)
- May require visiting areas of the campus which are not easily accessible to all individuals
Working Conditions- Open cubicle environment
- Occasional evening or weekend work related to projects as needed
Essential PersonnelPosition is not considered essential during a campus emergency.
Rice University Standard of CivilityServes as a representative of the University, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Rice community and with the public.
Security SensitiveYes Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://jobs.rice.edu/postings/21891 Job Functions
Essential Functions- Coordinates and conducts physical inventory which includes data entry in University’s Fixed Assets system
- Reviews and reconciles detailed equipment data in the University’s Fixed Assets system
- Resolves problems and answer departmental questions as related to equipment inventory
- Proactively works with department administrators, equipment coordinators, and others to investigate and actively question the current use and need of equipment in order to maintain an accurate, current inventory and to properly dispose of items no longer required by the University
- Researches lost or stolen items and coordinate any special report requests from departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Additional Functions or InformationApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have five years of related experience in property accounting support, or additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement?
- * Please provide the salary or range that you would require or consider for this position. (Open Ended Question)