- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This Provider Relations Advocate role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. We’re building better, more effective provider networks every day. In this role, you’ll use your strong customer service orientation and knowledge of insurance claims to serve as an advocate for providers in our networks. As you do, you’ll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
• Assist in end-to-end provider claims and help enhance call quality
• Assist in efforts to enhance ease of use of physician portal and future services enhancements
• Contribute to design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
• Support development and management of provider networks
• Help implement training and development of external providers through education programs
• Identify gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
Are you ready for a challenge? You’ll be part of a performance driven, fast paced organization that is serving multiple markets and you’ll be charged with educating and building relationships with providers to evolve ongoing processes and programs.
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience
• 4+ years of health care/managed care experience
• 2+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
• Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
• 1+ years experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
75% Travel throughout West Kansas is required.
• Undergraduate degree
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Provider relations, Kansas
Provider Relations Advocate - West Kansas Area
Community and State
Job Location Information
Garden City, KS
Additional Job Detail Information
Yes, 75 % of the Time
About the company
Our mission is to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone.
A Fortune 6 company, we're focused on helping people live healthier lives while making the health system work better for everyone. Here, we seek to empower people with the information, guidance and tools to make personal health choices. We work harder and we aim higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And, at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good for more than 85 million people worldwide.
Our biggest point of differentiation is our people - and the collective talent, energy, intelligence and drive our force of 188,000 individuals around the world bring to our mission every single day. So, how do we do it? With our every action, interaction and intention that demonstrates the five fundamental values that guide everything we do: