- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Supervised By: Director of Corporate Communications
- This position reports directly to the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Works collaboratively with counterparts in other strategic business units (SBUs) within the larger Centerstone enterprise to ensure cohesive internal and external messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communication, English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- 3-5 years experience in Marketing and Public Relations or related field. 1-3 years experience with content creation or content management for web properties
- Proven track record of success in prioritizing and managing multiple projects, project forecasting and resource planning for servicing multiple clients/customers
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; and a working knowledge of industry trends and new growth areas within the communications field
- Proven leadership skills with ability to lead cross-functional teams; consistently achieve long and short term goals and develop/maintain strong working relationships with staff, partners and vendors
- Working knowledge of content management systems for websites, including basic HTML, CSS, experience with WordPress, Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of social publishing platforms and social networking
- Comfortable working on Mac and PC OS
- Competency in Microsoft Office
To facilitate execution of internal and external communication strategy as it applies primarily to media relations, but also marketing campaigns, websites, social media and internal messaging. Works with account and creative staff, as well as various SBU leads to ensure that Centerstone communications promote a positive, high-quality image of the enterprise and are consistent with Centerstone’s brand and editorial and visual identity standards.
Day-to-day work includes the management of and interfacing with stakeholders (and external agencies when appropriate) to create and execute editorial and media relations plans to support the communications and strategy plans of Centerstone and its business units. The PR Manager will also support the creation of content for centerstone.org and email newsletters, The Source, collateral materials, as well as press releases, marketing campaign materials and talking points for internal and external audience. Attention to detail, organization and a strong editorial eye are essential for this position.
Collaborates with the larger Creative Services team on projects involving multiple disciplines in support of campaigns and provides constructive criticism and feedback on creative projects. Works closely with the Communications Manager to develop success strategies for our website(s) to ensure SBU needs are met. Helps develop communication plans for various campaigns to achieve stated goals in support of the VP for Public Affairs’ annual plan.
The focus for the “greater” team is to aggressively market Centerstone as the “must have” brand, partner and full service treatment provider locally, regionally and nationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a consistent communications approach across multichannel media
- Continually inspire our clients and partners with a vision for the Centerstone brand and storytelling across platforms
- Create compelling content that lifts up the Centerstone brand.
- Provide inspiration for content and campaigns; lend a critical eye to all communications content.
- Prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while delivering compelling products
Key Performance Indicators – to be developed annually
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Please provide estimates for each of the areas listed below
Percentage of Time/Frequency
up to__25_____ lbs.
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability - Company Paid
- Wellness Programs - Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About the company
Centerstone is a not-for-profit health care organization dedicated to delivering care that changes people’s lives. We provide mental health care, addiction treatment and community education in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Nationally, we have specialized programs for service members, veterans and their loved ones. Our research institute improves behavioral healthcare through research and technology, and our foundation secures philanthropic resources to support our work.