- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
76803 Sales Support 9/4/2019 Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
The Public Sector Security Manager is a key internal and external Lenovo ambassador for cyber security (specifically supply chain) issues and processes. This individual will reside within Lenovo’s Public Sector Center of Excellence (COE) and will support all Fed and SLED PC and Data Center sales teams . This individual will work closely with other security professionals within the Lenovo enterprise including the Corporate Product Security Office, Satellite BU Security Offices, Sales Leadership for both PC and Data Center Organizations, and supporting teams (including Legal, Corporate Communications, Marketing, and Product). This individual will ensure coordination between sales and supporting organizations and create and implement sales training about Lenovo’s cyber security capabilities. This individual will also communicate directly with customers and serve as the sales liaison to internal Lenovo teams responsible for various cyber security (specifically supply chain) compliance initiatives.
Primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement continuing, internal sales training, education, and customer messaging and handle high-level customer questions related to supply chain and other cyber security questions.
. Drive revenue growth by championing Lenovo’s overall security story and its Public Sector security strategy in particular.
• Coordinate/recommend relevant and appropriate risk assessments and help optimize Lenovo’s security strategy for Public Sector sales.
• Help ensure successful execution of Lenovo’s cyber security security strategy, particularly in connection with Public Sector sales initiatives. Develop (or work with associated Project Managers to develop) appropriate project plans to achieve security strategy success. Anticipate and proactively solve program risks. Make recommended changes to security strategy execution plan as necessary. Deliver all deliverables. Meet all required milestones. Satisfy all defined metrics.• Serve as Public Sector COE Point of Contact with other Lenovo security professionals, including but not limited to, Corporate and Business Unit Product Security officials to ensure overall coordination of efforts and to understand, execute and improve processes and accomplish specifically defined objectives, including pre-defined success metrics and deliverables.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Strong preference for degrees in computer science or information technology disciplines.
• Master’s Degree in technology or security-related discipline strongly preferred. (MBA satisfactory if held in conjunction with other requirements).
• Experience in supply chain security required.
• Ability to interact with and successfully develop and manage relationships with customers as well as all internal organizational levels (senior executives to entry level employees) required.
• Experience conducting risk assessments and developing security protocols relevant to public sector required.
• Military Intelligence, FBI, or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
• Comfort with ambiguity required.
• Ability to negotiate complex, organizational matrices required.
• Ability to manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment required.
• This role will require travel (at least 30%).
About the company
Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., as the reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.