- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $38.00 - $44.00 gross per hour
Robert Half Technology has joined forces with a company in the Professional Services industry to fill a Programmer Analyst role. They need a master of software and applications programming and industry requirements to create and define systems scope and objectives. Using research and fact-finding, you will recommend developments and modifications for applications or databases. Based in Tampa, Florida, this is a long-term temporary-to-full-time Programmer Analyst employment opportunity you do not want to miss.
What you get to do every single day
- Aids in creating communication materials for certain system changes being implemented in production
- Reviews and documents code problems, working with other programmers to correct them
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
- Builds dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst, and ensures they are up to date
- Analyzes user requests for changes or improvements to systems. Creates documents of functional requirements and reviews cost, feasibility and utility. Suggests how, when and whether to proceed with the changes
- Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
- Provides end users and other partner groups with continuing training and assistance for a specific application, system or process
- Guides internal clients on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation through troubleshooting and/or education
- Solid understanding of Python
- Django experience preferred
- Comprehension of PC and mainframe hardware/software
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
- Versatile project planning abilities that include project costing techniques
- Demonstrated grasp of programming languages
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- ms project
About the company
Unrivaled Industry Insight. Sophisticated Matching Technology.
And a Personalized Approach.
It’s Why We’re #1.