- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Lake Forest
Job type: Full-time
Role: QA/Test Developer
qa, automation, linux, bash, test
Linux Shell Script Developer and Troubleshooter
- The Linux Shell Script Developer and Troubleshooter is responsible for all aspects of creating and troubleshooting complicated configuration files and scripts.
- Understand the Linux Bash shell scripting language
- Troubleshoot problems resulting from deploying configuration text files in a large system
- Understand and use technical specifications and diagrams that describe computer systems, which ingest the configuration files
- Determine root causes of issues with scripts and configuration files
- Responsible for creating and updating Linux shell scripts and configuration text files
- Is able to follow standard practices and procedures for analyzing and reporting issues
- Is familiar with the Agile development environment
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree.
- 0-3 years of experience in software or system engineering development and/or software or hardware validation and verification.
- In-depth understanding and experience with the Linux command line.
- Excellent writing and strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English in person and on the phone.
- Is proficient with productivity products, such as Microsoft Office.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance available
- 401k plan with company match up to 4%
- Flexible hours
- Challenging work in a collaborative environment
- On-site training courses and technical lunch talks