- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Menlo Park
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The inspector provides an independent, unbiased evaluation of the work of others. The results of the Inspector's evaluation is documented and communicated to quality and manufacturing. The Inspector's approval certifies the work Abbott’s quality system requirements.
- Audits materials or the work of others through the examination, inspection, measurement, or test of sub-assemblies, final assemblies and documentation.;
- Documents the non-conformance or suspected non-conformance to specifications through the the completion of required paperwork, system transactions, and affixing his or her mark (i.e. stamp, sign-off or signature).;
- Work within a GMP environment and document results per GDP standards
- Handles discrepant sub-assemblies, final assemblies per the documented disposition and document activities in the appropriate systems or paperwork.;
- Communicates the status of audits and other assignments, responsibilities, and duties.
- Trains new, entry level, and less experienced Quality Auditors through on-the-job training, group training, and one-on-one guidance.
- High School degree/GED.
- 0-2 years experience.
- Previous experience in Quality performing inspection.
- Experience with optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing.
- Training in blueprint reading and experience with inspection sampling techniques. Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485.
- Good communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prior medical device component inspection experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Some formal training in inspection techniques; experience with inspecting components and manufactured items in a bio-instruments/bio-devices-related facility.
- Prior experience working in an air-conditioned clean-room manufacturing environment, conditioned clean room manufacturing environment requiring stringent environmental controls.
United States Menlo Park : 3885 Bohannon Drive
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.