- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $48,960.00 - $53,040.00 gross per year
- Allendale County
- Provides mental health assessments andtreatment recommendations for referred inmates.
- Maintains accurate documentation.
- Conducts individual counseling for inmates on caseload.
- Conducts group counseling for specified inmates.
- Provides regular feedback to mental health, medical and security staff on referred inmates.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provides crisis intervention as requested by mental health and/or medical staff.
- Participates in the on-call pool to provide after hour coverage to the institution.
- Provides discharge planning for identified inmates.
- Provides other duties related to SCDC and the Division of Behavioral/Mental Healthand Substance Abuse Services.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A Bachelor's degree and professional experience in human services or social services programs. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
A Master's degree in clinical social work or relatedmental health field and must be licensed as a LMSW, LPC-Ior LPC-Afor a LevelA or a Master's degree in clinical social work or relatedmental health field and two (2) years of experience in a mentalhealth/social services setting and must be licensed as a LPC, LISW,LPC-S or LMFT for a Level B.
Must attendSCDC Basic Training.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
- human resources