- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Description IDEALFORCE has a CONTRACT position available immediately for Quality Assurance Analyst to join our customer in Phoenix Arizona. This is an ONSITE position. Please find below additional details about this job. Kindly respond with your most up to date resume if you would like to pursue this opportunity. Client is considering only LOCAL CANDIDATES for this position.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for providing development, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance for web-based applications. The successful developer will be solution oriented, adapt to changing environments, and able to work with minimal defined requirements. The ideal candidate must have previous experience implementing, testing, and debugging projects, as well as participating in team code/project reviews.
Job Description Position Summary
The QA Analyst develops and executes software test plans to identify software problems and their causes. This individual works closely with developers, product and project managers and other personnel to define, prioritize and communicate testing requirements, test results and the status of QA related tasks relevant to the completion of a product/project to ensure the goals and objectives are met. QA Analyst must be able to guide the organization through an evolution from manual testing to automate testing as the product line grows.
• Develop, execute and implement test plans, test cases and test scripts for applications built upon a .NET application platform
• Write, publish and maintain test plans, test cases and test scripts
• Publish and communicate test results and test plan status
• Work closely/collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Development, PM, Operations)
• Participate in all aspects of functional, regression, user acceptance and load testing
• Provide resource analysis and planning for the test effort
• Co-ordinate with the IT department to ensure required test platforms are available
• Review processes for compliance
• Design and maintain test data for projects
• Participate in software design discussions, reviews and test strategy sessions
• Integrate test specifications into design specifications
• Establish test metrics as required by the QA Standards
• Ensure builds into the various environments are acceptable
• Install, configure and use tools to automate functional testing
Qualifications • BS Degree CS or MIS or equivalent experience in related roles
• Five (5) years software testing experience with regression testing, integration testing, load and performance testing
• Two (2) years in a Software Quality Assurance role
• Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks and helping business experts define requirements
• Experience with Enterprise and knowledge of the education system
• At least one year of experience with scripting languages (JavaScrip), and/or open source test tools(Fit, FitNesse, Canoo WebTest, HtmlUnit or others) and/or commercial test tool scripting languages and/or programming in any language
• Knowledge of and experience with TFS and MS Test and test automation
• Experience collaborating with programmers and business experts
• Experience in context-based, exploratory, or scenario testing
• Experience with testing of web services
• Extensive backend testing, understands data mapping, ETL and write complex SQL/Procs
• Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which tasks are determined on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than being assigned
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
• Ability to excel in a collaborative and distributed team environment
• Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs
• Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
• Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred
• Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills.
Additional Information - "All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines". - All candidates who are authorized to work in US are encouraged to apply. - Candidates must clear the Background check prior to commencing the assignment.
Pete Tylor; Email: pete dot tylor at idealforce.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Type: Contract
- Function: Information Technology
About the company